Gift idea

Old Aug 22nd, 2022, 06:01 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gift idea

Australian family with 3 kids under 11 will be visiting US. I will meet them and wondering about some simple gifts to buy for the kids. Right now lots of good school supplies are popular buys as schools will be opening soon. Are you able to buy Crayola crayons, paints, markers easily in Australia? I think these would be easy to carry too. T-shirts and clothing are always good too. Please share any ideas that would help me. Thanks for your time.
Old Aug 23rd, 2022, 03:13 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
" Are you able to buy Crayola crayons, paints, markers easily in Australia?" Yes, Ileen - these items are readily available in Australia. It's a country roughly the size of the US, with a population of around 25m.

If I had a family with kids visiting from the US, I'd either take them or give them tickets visit a local wildlife reserve/zoo. Failing that, something specific to the area in which you live. Perhaps story books about animals, birds, reptiles or lakes/mountains in your region.
Old Aug 23rd, 2022, 07:37 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for sharing your ideas. No zoo in my area, but will think of some similar outing.
Old Aug 23rd, 2022, 10:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Isn't it more usual for any gifts to be brought by the visitors? It would never occur to me to give presents to people visiting me!
Old Aug 23rd, 2022, 05:36 PM

thats a lovely idea and we often receive giftts when visiting our friends in US.
Maybe even a meal voucher at one of your hamburger type plales that we dont have
In the 70"s it was easy to get something different but now most goods are universal.
And who cares if its usual or not anyway!!!
Old Aug 25th, 2022, 07:38 AM
Original Poster

Thursday-Thanks for your reply. I enjoy giving a tiny gift especially to kids to make their trip more memorable. It brings joy to my heart.
Northie-You are right, these days everything is available everywhere.The uniqueness is gone. That is the reason I was asking if Crayola markers and crayons are available in Australia. Here there is a huge variety of this stuff and it is an American product. Thanks for the voucher idea too.
Have a beautiful day in the neighborhood.
Old Aug 25th, 2022, 04:22 PM

Another idea is to give them say a Target voucher or such supplier or even their Ammerican money and the children could choose what they want -they will know what is different.
Old Aug 27th, 2022, 08:08 PM
Original Poster

Northie--you are amazing with ideas, Thanks. I should have thought about this idea, but didn't. Now the puzzle is solved, I am well set. Have a great weekend.
Old Sep 2nd, 2022, 07:14 PM

thanks ileen ..