Search

Spring break 2023

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19th, 2022, 09:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spring break 2023

Hello-
considering visiting Turks in March 2023 …. Family of four with 11 and 15 year olds included. We love to be in the water , however, am concerned if the water will be warm enough to enjoy in the middle of March? We were in Maui last March (water temp was around 75)- we were able to snorkel, but it was definitely cool. We didn’t really want to hang out in the water besides snorkeling. Has anyone been to Turks in March to give personal views on this? Alternatively, we are considering the Cayman Islands! Thanks!
Old Aug 21st, 2022, 11:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have not been to T&C in March but have been to Negril, Jamaica in March and both air + water temps were a few degrees too cool for me. So I imagine T&C will be too cool but many go there and are OK with the temps. Ask on TA and you'll get several opinions.

Grand Cayman is on the other end of the scale. Have been in Feb and it was very hot. I think you can only really enjoy GC in the winter as the summer months are seriously hot. It was perfectly fine for snorkelling and would go there to be guaranteed warm water and great weather.
Old Aug 22nd, 2022, 06:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree that T&C might be too cool in March, but Grand Cayman will be great.