Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Planning Provence in June with limited mobility

Old Aug 13th, 2022, 12:41 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We a planning a family trip (kids will be 18 and nearly 14) flying into Nice or Lyon around June 23rd. I am looking for help please with planning where I will be able to visit as I use a wheelchair to get around. I can walk short distances if necessary and my electric wheelchair folds up easily to go in the back of the car or my husband can carry it over a few stairs if necessary.

We spent 13 month in Europe in 2014 (with loads on help from Fodorites) before I used a wheelchair and Provence was a highlight. We are after warm weather, markets, great food, fields of flowers, exploring ruins, gites or cabins in campsite with pools, road trips in the morning, and spending the afternoon by the pool before heading out to dinner. We based ourselves last time in St Remy and Avignon with Pont du Gard/Uzes day trip and Luberon day trip (with a guide) as highlights of our last visit to the area.

Can you please give me an idea of a good area for base for a week or two bases if you think that makes more sense?

Can you please tell me which villages would be okay to visit and those I have to forget about as I can't be driven into and dropped off.

Many thanks
Louise
Old Aug 15th, 2022, 03:56 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alternatively, could people please suggest places we couldn’t go a with wheelchair and short walk where necessary?