Lunch suggestions in Emilia-Romagna

Old Aug 4th, 2022, 11:12 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lunch suggestions in Emilia-Romagna

Ciao a tutti!

My partner and I are heading to Italy in a few weeks, and were hoping for some suggestions on where to stop for lunch during our ~3.5 hour drive between the Langhe region of Piemonte and Bologna. We've got a big dinner planned that night so it definitely doesn't need to be a throwdown (although I'm all ears) -- something typical, delicious, and ideally in an area where we could have a nice passeggiata before hopping back in the car sounds ideal.

Piacenza, Reggio Emilia, Parma and Modena all look squarely on the route if that helps. Grazie mille.
Old Aug 5th, 2022, 03:17 AM

It's very hard to go wrong in that area. I would choose a city whose center is near an autostrada exit. Most of them have limited traffic zones (ZTL), which are off limits if you're not a resident, health care worker, etc., so you may have to leave the car outside the center and walk in. This may add time to your stopover.

Since you have a special meal planned for the evening, I wouldn't go out of my way to find a special restaurant for lunch. As I said, virtually any restaurant would have good regional food.
Old Aug 8th, 2022, 04:00 AM

We had lunch at Trattoria Corrieri in Parma a couple of years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. Has been there for many, many years and well known in the area.