Two weeks in Morocco spring 2022

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1st, 2022, 08:46 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I are planning two weeks trip to Morocco. I am looking for the travel company that can provide transportation and English-speaking guide while I prefer to make hotel reservations myself.

Can you recommend me reputable experienced company that provides this type of service?
Old Aug 1st, 2022, 12:13 PM

Guides are authorised for particular towns or sites, there's only a handful that have national accreditation. Obviously if you have an English-speaking driver he can talk about things you see driving along, but won't be able to guide you on the spot.

Tour companies offer an excellent service where people are either too busy with work to take the time to plan a trip, are concerned about driving in a foreign country, or want a 'buffer' between them and strangers, but not everyone wants to be in the company of a stranger, no matter how affable.

Most people tend to separate out their itinerary so that they mostly look after themselves (maybe with a local guide from time to time) and only engage a tour company when they are on a road trip. It's worth pointing out that tour companies get better rates at hotels than someone who makes their own bookings, and this gets reflected in the end cost.
Old Aug 3rd, 2022, 04:19 AM

We did a 2 1/2 week trip to Morocco in 2018 and had the most wonderful driver, Salem Karaoui. Although he was not there as an official guide, he is knowledgeable and was a wonderful companion on our trip. He and his brother have a travel company and a desert camp (opened after we visited). I can’t speak highly enough about him!
https://moroccan-family.com

I wrote a report here on Fodors about our trip:
Morocco, A Visual Journey
Old Aug 4th, 2022, 06:11 AM

Moroccan Family Tours

Our trip to Morocco in September 2018 was beyond wonderful thanks to Karaoui Salem of Moroccan Family Tours. This is a family owned tour company. Karaoui Salem is fluent in 7 languages. We emailed back and forth creating a personalized itinerary. He picked us up at the airport and drove us throughout this magnificent country. He has a wonderful personality, is extremely knowledgeable in the history, is kind, compassionate and flexible. We felt like family and look forward to returning to this magical country and Moroccan Family Tours with Karaoui Salem.
Old Aug 20th, 2022, 10:01 AM

I used Gateway2Morocco for a trip in Feb/Mar 2022. I cannot recommend them highly enough. I posted a review on TripAdvisor under the name Schrodingers Gerbil.
Old Aug 20th, 2022, 12:44 PM
Original Poster

Thank you very much for you comment. We plan our trip with Salem in Spring of 2023.
Regards,
Jenny
Old Aug 23rd, 2022, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by jennyzaltz8446
Thank you very much for you comment. We plan our trip with Salem in Spring of 2023.
Regards,
Jenny
That's wonderful to read! We miss him! We had a wonderful time with him.