Ideas for Alabama day trip from Chattanooga

Old Jul 29th, 2022, 02:59 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ideas for Alabama day trip from Chattanooga

I will be staying in Chatt. in August and really want to hop across the border into Alabama for a day trip. Does anybody have any decent recommendations? I like history and architecture but am open to other suggestions. Thanks in advance guys!
Old Jul 29th, 2022, 10:37 AM

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts
Hop across the border into GEORGIA and visit Chattanooga and Chickamuuga National Military Park and then take Rt. 157 south along Lookout Mountain. Cross into Alabama near Cloudland and visit the Little River National Preserve and Desoto State Park in Alabama. I think that Cloudland is Alabama's only ski resort. Come back to Chattanooga on I-59.
The one time that I went to the Military Park, the vending machine that gave the tickets to be there gave the change back from my $20 bill in the form of Sacajawea dollars.
Old Jul 31st, 2022, 10:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DO NOT miss seeing the Civil Rights monument at the Southern Poverty Law Center in Montgomery. There is a monument designed by Maya Lin that is the most poignant and revelatory structure I believe has ever been designed to honor and commemorate an historical era..

https://www.splcenter.org/civil-righ...IaApdgEALw_wcB

Last edited by Gretchen; Jul 31st, 2022 at 10:33 AM.