Anyone in Norway right now?

Old Jul 25th, 2022, 07:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone in Norway right now?

We're leaving tomorrow for Oslo -> Bergen and a cruise. Weather forecast is 60s, lower 70s with rain. Here in western Montana that's comfortable but in Norway is that cold and damp? Debating about clothes and shoes - is the rain intermittent and light or a deluge? Am I going to freeze if I'm wearing Birkenstocks all the time? Asking because we're trying to pack for 2 weeks with a carry on only due to the constant reports of lost luggage and so I'm trying to make sense of the weather. Any intel appreciated!
Old Jul 25th, 2022, 08:00 AM
J62

this live webcam should give you an indication of what people are wearing...
https://www.bt.no/nyheter/i/557y1/torgallmenningen
Old Jul 25th, 2022, 08:04 AM

High 60s in Norway sounds like a heatwave.

Old Jul 25th, 2022, 08:06 AM

Weather could well change before you arrive or when you are there.
A ship in the sea will have different weather to those on shore.
Lost luggage should be covered by insurance. They may not pay out right there and then but they will cover expenses later if you have the right coverage.
Dress using layers.
Old Jul 25th, 2022, 08:37 AM

I was in Oslo about this time of year during a heatwave, with sunshine and temperatures up in the low 80s. I even had a swim in Oslo Fjord the day I visited the Viking Ship Museum at Bygdøy. That, I know, is unusual for Norway, and in fact Bergen is said to have 239 rain days out of 365. The below website will explain what kind of rain they have in Bergen.
https://www.lifeinnorway.net/bergen-weather/
Old Jul 25th, 2022, 10:45 AM

For the cruise part you need a wind and waterproof out layer and you need more than just Birkenstocks. Nothing worse than cold wet feet. You may not need the outer layer but then again you may very grateful you have it. Likewise something a bit warm to act as a middle layer if it is cold, or an outer layer if it is cool and dry.
Are you flying direct to Oslo? If so the chance are you luggage will arrive with you. It isn't a major hub like Schiphol or Heathrow and those are mostly the airports with problems.
Old Jul 25th, 2022, 01:00 PM
mjs

Weather, especially on the coast is quite variable. Have never done a cruise do no thoughts there. Would bring light weight Gortex like water resistant walking shoes and similar light jacket with ability to layer.