Skip-the-line tickets?

Search

Skip-the-line tickets?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7th, 2022, 07:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skip-the-line tickets?

Anyone have experience with skip-the-line tickets?
Old Jul 7th, 2022, 08:35 AM

Many times you can purchase tickets for a museum or attraction right on their website. I wouldn't pay more to go through a broker. Buy online directly when possible. Many times you can get a bar code or QR code on your phone and not even need a paper ticket.
Old Jul 7th, 2022, 09:13 AM

Which country/city are you talking about? In London the 'skip the line' tickets are mostly useless, as you will still need to queue for security, and entry in many museums is free.
Old Jul 7th, 2022, 09:55 AM

I guess it depends where and for what, but IME, they seem to be pretty useless. We were in Paris a couple months ago and saw all kinds of offers for skip the line tickets, but we just bought timed tickets for the things we wanted to do and then went to do them. We still had to line up at the Louvre, Musee d Orsay, and Eiffel Tower to go through security and all of that - everybody has to do that. But we didn't have to line up for tickets. I think skip the line tickets may have been more useful in the past before the advent of online ticket purchases.
Old Jul 7th, 2022, 05:31 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by dloech
Anyone have experience with skip-the-line tickets?

Sorta vague there, . . . Where are you asking about and any sites in particular?
Old Jul 10th, 2022, 06:41 PM
Original Poster

Great - thank you!
Old Jul 10th, 2022, 06:53 PM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tulips
Which country/city are you talking about? In London the 'skip the line' tickets are mostly useless, as you will still need to queue for security, and entry in many museums is free.
Hmm - sorry I thought I posted in Italy - Specifically looking for Florence - I am not finding luck with any tours so I looked up something called
https://skiptheline.tickets/florence/duomo
Old Jul 10th, 2022, 06:55 PM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by janisj
Sorta vague there, . . . Where are you asking about and any sites in particular?
Specifically looking for Florence Italy and the Duomo / Uffizi / Accademia - I am not finding luck with any tours so I looked up something called
Old Jul 10th, 2022, 07:58 PM
Forum Moderator

Added Italy tag
Old Jul 11th, 2022, 01:39 AM

I'm an ardent student of human nature, So I must ask it: precisely what line are you trying to skip?

Nobody skips the security lines, so it's not that one. Unless you are going to jump that line into prison, you can't pay more than the others to avoid it.

Then, there is the line to get entrance ticket on the day. But, if you don't want to wait in line to purchase entrance tickets on the day, all you have to do is getting the entrance tickets in advance on the official sites. Let's wipe off this second line from our list.

Here we are at the point, Help me understand Why people desperately want to be scammed. You are trying to skip a third line that should lead to... the Toilette? The Bar? The souvenir shop?

Last edited by Falcio; Jul 11th, 2022 at 01:43 AM.
Old Jul 11th, 2022, 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by dloech
Specifically looking for Florence Italy and the Duomo / Uffizi / Accademia - I am not finding luck with any tours so I looked up something called

If you go to the websites of the places you want to visit you can buy tickets/book tours. No need to use a third party for it