Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Africa & the Middle East
Reload this Page >

City of David or Western Wall Tunnels in Jerusalem with kids

Old Jul 6th, 2022, 04:03 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi this will be my kids and husbands first time in Israel. We will be traveling there in late December 2022. We are trying to decide between the Western Wall Tunnels or the City of David tours for a particular day. We won't have time for both. My kids are 14 and 12.5, both boys. We are an active family of four. We have a very packed itinerary and would like to maximize our time by choosing one of these sites however we don't know enough about either and there isn't much information to be found. Appreciate any help! Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 7th, 2022, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by mksci2
Hi this will be my kids and husbands first time in Israel. We will be traveling there in late December 2022. We are trying to decide between the Western Wall Tunnels or the City of David tours for a particular day. We won't have time for both. My kids are 14 and 12.5, both boys. We are an active family of four. We have a very packed itinerary and would like to maximize our time by choosing one of these sites however we don't know enough about either and there isn't much information to be found. Appreciate any help! Thanks in advance.
Both are guided tours with a lot of historical and archaeological content. The City of David tour may be more interesting for young boys because walking through its tunnels is more adventurous. Note that you can choose either the 'wet' tunnel or the 'dry' tunnel at the end of the route; if you take the wet tunnel then come prepared because the water at times is waist high. You should also post your question on Tripadvisor.
Old Jul 8th, 2022, 01:16 PM

The wet tunnel mbgg describes in the City of David is Hezekiah’s Tunnel. It definitely will be among the highlight of a typical teenage boy's trip, unless they're real history nerds.