Reload this Page >

Edmonton-Ottawa-Montreal-Quebec-Edmonton Trip Help Pleasse

Edmonton-Ottawa-Montreal-Quebec-Edmonton Trip Help Pleasse

Old Jul 2nd, 2022, 10:14 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edmonton-Ottawa-Montreal-Quebec-Edmonton Trip Help Please

Hello fellow Fodor’s Traveler’s,

My husband and I are planning a trip to visit a friend in Ottawa this September 17-27 (18-28) dates varied pending flight/trains. We plan on using Via Rail for transport between cities. Has anyone had any trouble with train delays etc? They currently have no rail passes available but will in the fall…according to the site. Any suggestions on obtaining discount codes or train advice welcome. Some feeds have said to book business class however the price difference is substantial……will pay if its worth it.

Any air B&B or hotel suggestions are welcome as well. I have found some information by looking at all of the Canadian travel forum feeds already so thanks to previous posts I have some itinerary plans but need fine tuning. Plan is Ottawa for 2-3 days then Montreal 3-4 days then Quebec remaining days.

Thank you in advance for any advice/ideas anyone has.

Cheers,

Kerry

Last edited by KerryCS; Jul 2nd, 2022 at 10:27 AM.
Old Jul 10th, 2022, 10:18 AM
cba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
for Quebec City you will want to stay within the walls of Old Quebec (QC) . There is an Upper and Lower town connected via a funicular so it does not matter which part you stay in.
you will want to be paying attention at how the mess at Toronto Pearson sorts itself out if you have not already bought your tickets as a lot of the flights out of the west connect in Toronto. There is Orleans Express bus between Montreal and QC it is not Greyhound )-: so often can be an option.