Reload this Page >

Chachapoyas, Peru transportation

Search

Chachapoyas, Peru transportation

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10th, 2022, 12:37 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@mlgb By acclimate I meant adjust to Peru in general rather than the elevation, poor choice of words. I have only been as high as 4000m while hiking in New Mexico last summer, anything above that will be new territory for me. I do plan on acclimating to the elevation by taking a day or two in Huaraz lounging around. That's unfortunate about the landslide. As for the temperatures and the snow, I'm off to REI soon to upgrade my down jacket

@Faedus When doing research on safe Lima neighborhoods I often saw San Isidro listed together with Miraflores. I chose San Isidro because it was closer to the hub of bus companies. I can easily walk from my Airbnb to where my bus to Huaraz is leaving from. Sadly, Google says Huaca Huallamarca is temporarily closed.
Old Jul 10th, 2022, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another adobe pyramid is Huaca Pucllana in Miraflores (closed Tuesdays). It looks as if the restaurant there is open, Bookings on Open Table or their website.
https://www.resthuacapucllana.com/ Chances are the site is also open but you may need to figure out how to reserve a slot ahead of time. It is sort of interesting as you see the construction technique.

Most museums have a closed day, but the exceptional Larco Museum is actually open 7 days https://www.museolarco.org/en/

If you are up to exploring the center of Lima I usually enjoy MALI (Museo de Arte de Lima) on the free admission day. Not sure how they are managing free days during COVID though, i.e., capacity controls. Expect to have to show proof of vaccine.

Last edited by mlgb; Jul 10th, 2022 at 01:51 PM.