Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > South America
Reload this Page >

Cheapest Ticket Leainvg the Colombia (to Anywhere)

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3rd, 2022, 06:34 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi - I am looking for the cheapest ticket leaving the country to anywhere. I am visiting Colombia in a week and only have a 1 way ticket there. In order to be let in, you have to show that you are leaving the country. I don't want to worry about when I have to leave, so I would just like to buy a cheap bus or airline ticket that gets me out of the country (and then buy another when I decide to leave). Any suggestions about where these routes or websites might exsit?
Old Jun 4th, 2022, 08:55 AM

Just do what everyone else does and search on kayak.com or similar. It is not rocket science. IME overland border crossings into/out of Colombia are problematic at teh best of times and unless things have changed recently may not even be possible.

Last edited by crellston; Jun 4th, 2022 at 09:36 AM.
Old Jun 4th, 2022, 09:09 AM

I don't know how to buy any bus tickets in advance. Try Copa if you intend to just throw the ticket away (about $150).

Personally I would just guess which date and route you will use in reality and buy an expensive refundable ticket. I think you may have outsmarted yourself. (One way fares tend to be much more expensive than RT).