Jamaica NYE2022

Old May 25th, 2022, 11:33 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jamaica NYE2022

Hello,
Long time reader of the forums but new to posting..
How soon is too soon for planning new years eve in Jamaica? We are primarily thrifty travelers, but can splurge on once-in-a-lifetime experiences. Jamaica has been on the list for a few years and we think this may finally be the year..
Also doing independent research but open to recommendations on accommodations that are not too touristy but still fairly central and convenient to exploring.
Thank you!
Pat
Old Jun 1st, 2022, 08:11 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
recommendations on accommodations that are not too touristy but still fairly central and convenient to exploring.

Pat, Jamaica is a big island. What do you want to be "central" to? Are you flying in to Montego Bay or Kingston? Do you have any specific towns in mind? I have really enjoyed my trips staying in Negril over the years (been three times but spread out over decades).

Old Jun 2nd, 2022, 09:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You really need someone with recent experience. I don't know if TripAdvisor is active. I assume you intend to take excursions? I would first decide on your excursions and then pick your location. For example, Dunn's River Falls is near Ocho Rios but also not far from Kingston. Martha Brae River is nearer to MoBay. Frenchman's Cove and Blue Lagoon are near Port Antonio which is closer to Kingston.

Negril is near Negril, LOL. If you stay in Negril on the far western tip everything else is at least a few hours away. So if you wanted to see anything else, I wouldn't stay there. TBH it's really only a tourist town, most Jamaicans would never go there, they have closer beaches that are just as nice. If you need to see it, visit for a day or split your stay if you are more adventurous.

The island isn't that "big", but excursions tend to be offered from the nearest tourism center. (The island is all of 50 miles wide and 150 long). For example, it takes about an hour from Kingston to Ocho Rios by the fastest road.

Last edited by mlgb; Jun 2nd, 2022 at 09:31 AM.