Transport from Denver Airport to Downtown Denver

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 17th, 2022, 06:14 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the best, most reasonable transport from Denver Airport to Downtown Denver. Bus is not an option because of health issues. Lyft, Uber, Taxi. Thank you.
Old May 17th, 2022, 06:52 PM

Where in downtown are you headed? The RTD's A line train will take you from the airport to Union Station for fare of $10.50. Flat rate taxi is $56, plus tip. Uber and Lyft are usually cheaper than taxi but can var with surge pricing.

Last edited by Seamus; May 17th, 2022 at 06:54 PM. Reason: typos
Old May 18th, 2022, 05:38 AM
J62

Originally Posted by Seamus
Where in downtown are you headed? The RTD's A line train will take you from the airport to Union Station for fare of $10.50. Flat rate taxi is $56, plus tip. Uber and Lyft are usually cheaper than taxi but can var with surge pricing.
Not specific to Denver.... Be very aware of Uber & Lyft surge pricing. I've seen prices that are nominally ~$50 range spike up to $100, $150, or $200 in a matter of minutes. Often Uber and Lyft prices rise and fall together, but it's a good idea to look at both to compare. I grabbed a lyft for 1/3 the price of an Uber at peak time.
Old May 18th, 2022, 09:00 AM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
Last summer we took the train downtown , so easy.During our stay, we used UBER twice and their prices were outrageous, i.e., $50. to travel a few mike’s within downtown area.

Last edited by HappyTrvlr; May 18th, 2022 at 09:02 AM.
Old May 18th, 2022, 11:52 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for this information. Very helpful
Old May 18th, 2022, 11:54 PM
Original Poster

I am headed to National Jewish Health Hospital. I am staying in an airbnb that is about a mile and a half from the hospital near 12th and E. Hudson.
Thank you for your reply.
Old May 21st, 2022, 08:51 AM

Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts
For your location, since you can't take a bus, you probably need to use Lyft/Uber/taxi.

What time of day do you arrive? If it's sometime during the day, you should have all options available. Just use your apps to see which ride service is best priced and available. Ordinarily, taxis are more expensive, but not always.

When we arrived at midnight recently, we were SOL. There were no Uber or Lyfts available, and price was really high if we could get one. We stood in the taxi line, which was a disastrous mess with no one directing the line.
We did get a taxi, but we had to insist on getting one without other passengers to drop off.
As it turned out, our taxi fare was cheaper than an Uber/Lyft would have been.
The whole process took way too much time!
It's usually not that hectic.
Good luck.
Old May 21st, 2022, 09:55 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for your post. I arrive around 3:00 PM. I would typically take the bus but because of health issues, that is not an option. for me. It sounds like Lyft and Uber are just very inconsistent, so I probably will take a taxi.
Old May 21st, 2022, 06:58 PM

Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Barbaract
Thank you for your post. I arrive around 3:00 PM. I would typically take the bus but because of health issues, that is not an option. for me. It sounds like Lyft and Uber are just very inconsistent, so I probably will take a taxi.
You will be fine around 3pm. You should have all options available. In order of preference, as a Denver native, I suggest you choose: Lyft, Uber, taxi.

You’re staying not too far from me. I hope you have a good and successful visit. That is a great hospital.

Last edited by MoBro; May 21st, 2022 at 07:01 PM.