5 nights/6 days after the Lake District?

Old Apr 7th, 2022, 05:52 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
5 nights/6 days after the Lake District?

Hello! I am visiting some friends in the Lake District in early May. I will have 5 days/6 nights were I am renting a car and will be traveling out of the Lake District. I am looking at 3 options for those days
  1. Bamburgh/ Farne Islands
  2. Snowdonia Park + northern wales coastline
  3. SW Scotland - Isle of Arran or Isle of Mull, Oban, Loch Lamond, potentially Glenoce
Also any MUST see locations in the Lake District!
You all have convinced me trying to fit in Isle of Skye and Edinburg is too much!
Thank you!
Old Apr 7th, 2022, 07:12 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
You might want to ask the moderators to add a tag for the UK (and maybe also ask them to edit the title to be more descriptive). As it is your topic could be about 5 days anywhere in Europe,

For others/context, here is the original plan Am I trying to jam too much in - england/scotland 2 weeks

Any of those would be doable and each would be a lovely trip. Are you flying home from LHR after the 6 nights? #2 - Snowdonia/N. Wales would be absolutely wonderful for 5 days. Visit Chester, Conwy, Showdonia, Caernarfon, beautiful gardens, etc. But in reality any of the three would fit into 5 day/6 nights.

I might add a 4th option - North Yorkshire: York, the Dales, the Moors, Whitby/Robin Hood's Bay, Drop the car in York and train down to London.
Old Apr 7th, 2022, 01:49 PM
Forum Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Added United Kingdom tag and edited thread title.
Old Apr 8th, 2022, 12:16 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
My vote would be for North Wales; loads to see and do and close enough to maximise the time available.