Reload this Page >

July Paris Trip - Need Help with Hotels /Accomadations

Old Apr 4th, 2022, 07:28 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello All,
We are going to Paris in mid July. There are 4 of us. Myself, husband, adult son, and adult daughter. It has been a long time since we were in Paris and the last time we used Marriott Points. Because it is the family, we need 3 beds with at least 2 bedrooms. I need 2 nights at the beginning of the trip July 15th and July 16th - thinking of a hotel since we arrive early in the morning. I realize a hotel will mean 2 rooms. Then again July 20th to July 23rd - which I was thinking an Airbnb/apartment might be cheaper.
Just kind of lost on what areas to look - I mean Paris is huge!
Some activities we plan on doing:
Louvre
Paris Disneyland - 1 day
Eiffel Tower
Eating great food
We also just like walking around. Would love to be to close to things, nice neighborhood.
Budget wise , I was hoping for under $300 per night, especially if I have to get 2 rooms.
Thanks for any help!
Sandy
Old Apr 5th, 2022, 03:11 AM

My favorite source over last years is this book: Paris: The Collected Traveler - Her budget recommendations for accommodations are as follows:
-Hotel Chopin - 9th arr
-Hotel des Grandes Ecoles - 5th arr
-Hotel Mayet - 6th arr
-Hotel St. Thomas d'Aquin - 7th arr

Good luck!
Old Apr 5th, 2022, 04:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What's going on July 17-19?
Is $300 per room or for two rooms?
Old Apr 5th, 2022, 05:19 AM
Original Poster

The budget is $300 is per room. So for the hotel it would under $600 total per night. Hoping if we get an apartment for the last 3 nights, we could maybe get it under $500 per night. I looked at a few of the Paris Apartment websites that I saw mentioned in the forum. The only one I found that had something in our budget range was this one. https://www.parisvacationapartments....-with-terrace/
Location is important to us and willing to go the top of the budget ($600 per night) for something nice.
One my favorite parts of visiting a larger city is just walking out the door of the hotel/apartment and getting a coffee or lunch. That is something I can't do here at home. Walking around seeing all the sites/atmosphere. Even just the little stuff.Does that make sense?
Thanks!
Old Apr 5th, 2022, 05:27 AM
Original Poster

Sorry missed the rest of post! Haven't had my coffee yet. This trip is a much scaled down trip from 2020. My husband and children need to go to Luxembourg City to complete paperwork for dual citizenship (has to be done this year) . This needs to be done during the week. So Sunday night until Wednesday, we are in Luxembourg City. We need at least 3 days there because we have to apply for an appointment and don't know which day we are going to get. Flying in and out of Paris was cheaper even after calculating in the train. Also I really wanted to visit Paris Disneyland. Wanted to do that during the week in the hopes that the crowds would be a little less. Of course it is summer and everything is crowded but we didn't want to wait until the end of the year just in case something happened.
Thanks again for any help on hotels
Sandy
Old Apr 5th, 2022, 06:24 AM

One hotel to take a look at is the hotel Odessa in the Montparnasse area. They have triple and quadruple rooms and the area is nice with good restaurants and great public transport options. It isn't super fancy but well priced and clean. We have stayed there 2-3 times when we have been catching a train early from the gare there. https://www.hotel-odessa.com/en/homepage/

Here is a link to good site with a blog on good family hotels that will give you some information on the various neighborhoods and apart hotels which could also be a good choice for you:

https://www.paristoolkit.com/accommo...mily_rooms.htm
Old Apr 5th, 2022, 08:33 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for links, I will check them out. Other question: Is hotel air conditioning needed in July?
Old Apr 5th, 2022, 08:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A/C is needed due to climate change.
Old Apr 5th, 2022, 10:13 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
We stayed with our granddaughter at Residence Henri IV. Well within your budget and a very nice property.

https://www.residencehenri4.com/

It’s in the 5th and we were able to walk to many sites. We had a 2 room apt. with king, could be split into 2 singles in bedroom and Queen in sitting room. We usually like to stay closer to the river but this worked out well all the same. As far as an apt. goes we’ve rented many through the years but they were always available for a week, actually we did find one for 5 days. Not sure if you will find an apt. For only 3 days.

Good luck and enjoy my favorite city in the world.
Old Apr 5th, 2022, 10:13 AM

We are going to Paris next month and have booked a Citadines apart-hotel (https://www.discoverasr.com/en) They have different sized apartments available. One of the reasons we chose an apart-hotel is to get the convenience and flexibility of a 24-hour reception desk. We will also be arriving in the morning and didn't want to deal with potentially having to hang out with luggage until late afternoon for check in time - with an apart-hotel, even if all apartments were full the night before and we can't get into our apartment early, at least we can drop our luggage and freshen up a bit, then go out to sight see.
Old Apr 5th, 2022, 12:08 PM

To clear it up a bit The Residence Henri IV is a hotel with a few apt. like suites. It has a staffed front desk and a small dining room for breakfast. You can book for just a couple of nights.
Old Apr 6th, 2022, 11:06 AM

In July I would definitely prefer to have A/C as much for the outside noise even if it isn't wildly hot. Most hotels have double pane glass but that is useless if you need to open the window.
Old Apr 8th, 2022, 12:49 AM

The Hotel Clement has a room for three people. It has been five years since I've been; you'll have to check the latest reviews. It is in the 6th.
Old Apr 8th, 2022, 06:46 AM

For going to Luxembourg, you might find it convenient (and also cheaper) to stay near Gare de l'Est, which is mostly an excellent area besides being one of the best transportation hubs of the city. In any case, the 10th arrondissement (Gare de l'Est and Gare du Nord) is the arrondissement with the greatest number of hotels in Paris. There is a reason for that.
Old Apr 10th, 2022, 10:19 AM

We also stayed at the Residence Henri IV and liked it. Staying again this summer at Paris Vacation Apartments Palais Royal apartments, they’re outstanding. But not sure your dates are left now.
Old Apr 10th, 2022, 11:02 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Where we always stay (and will be there again in June), Hotel Aiglon on Blvd. Raspail in the 14th (Montparnasse) area. They have one Apartment (Room "A" next to the breakfast room) that will meet all of your needs, and in your price range. It has air conditioning, two bedrooms and a small living space. And 2 bathrooms!

https://www.paris-hotel-aiglon.com/rooms#section7

We were in that apartment in '83 before they converted it from two rooms to three rooms. Back then, it really was an apartment with a kitchen (which I believe was what was converted into the 2nd bedroom). I think it was at one time, long ago, the owner's apartment. Since then, however, we stay in one of what is now called a "Family Suite", which will not work for your group, since you have two adult children whom I presume would not want to sleep together in a sofa bed. It works for us, because we only have one child who used the sofa bed the 8 or 10 times we took him to Paris, or a friend who joined us in Paris from London.

The hotel is at the corner of Raspail and Edgar Quinet, across the street from the Montparnasse cemetery, and a block from the best restaurants and bars in town. One of the most walkable areas in Paris, with a super cool, literary vibe. And a few blocks from the Observatory fountain, which is the beautiful beginning to the Luxembourg Gardens. Metro across the street, and Bus No. 68 also across the street. Blocks from Montparnasse train station.

Weds and Saturdays, Edgar Quinet hosts its Marché Edgar-Quinet, from 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., a wonderful street market with produce, cheese, seafood, crafts, art, etc.
Old Apr 10th, 2022, 11:17 AM

I miss the days when I ignorantly thought it was okay to use VRBO and Airbnb for Paris for our family of four. We stayed in some wonderful, quirky, central apartments. Kerouac subsequently convinced me that it was far from okay. Are the other Paris apartment websites legal? I've lost track.
Old Apr 10th, 2022, 11:38 AM

I was looking at a number of hotels for my trip to Paris in early June.

One caught my attention , Villa M : opened in2021, modern, elegant , on the metro line. The rooms are in your price range.
Also, with Covid situation, hotel reservations are easy to cancel .
Apartments ? not sure .
Old Apr 10th, 2022, 11:51 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by stokebailey
I miss the days when I ignorantly thought it was okay to use VRBO and Airbnb for Paris for our family of four. We stayed in some wonderful, quirky, central apartments. Kerouac subsequently convinced me that it was far from okay. Are the other Paris apartment websites legal? I've lost track.
Yes -- other sites are legal . . . as are vrbo and airbnb . . . IF the listing includes the city registration number.
Old Apr 10th, 2022, 03:36 PM

Thanks, janis.