Search

1 week in Isreal. HELP

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29th, 2022, 12:58 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1 week in Isreal. HELP

We are planning 1 week in Isreal after a trip to Jordan in November. My DH is 65 and I will be 62 and we are seasoned travellers. I would appreciate input for an itinerary. Any must see or do’s, off the beaten track don’t miss suggestions.
Question 1. Are we better to use a private shuttle to drive from Amman to Jerusalem and stay there a few nights before going to Tel Aviv Or fly from Amman to Tel Aviv?
also can anyone recommend a private tour company for Isreal? For touring around Isreal and for walking day trips around cities. We love food and wine so any restaurant suggestions would be appreciated
thanks in advance for any help

Last edited by barbloves2travel; Mar 29th, 2022 at 01:04 PM.
Old Mar 30th, 2022, 06:28 AM

Tours in Israel - Avitours
We used Avi in 2011 for our private tours and remain friends with him to this day.
One of the many nice touches he was thoughtful enough to provide is when I was trying to find an Israeli beer as I like to try local brews when away and I'll never forget his smiling face as he was holding a bottle of Goldstar beer for me as I got out of the Dean Sea.

He goes out of his way to provide excellent service.

Israel is one of the most memorable places we have ever visited and IMHO see it thru the eyes of a guide. They are pricey but worth it.

All the best.

Larry
Old Mar 30th, 2022, 02:27 PM

The TripAdvisor Israel forum is very active and has a lot of good private guide recommendations, and several guides who seem to have good reviews are regulars / Destination Experts on the forum. You'll get far better info there than here.

As for tips, perhaps learn how to spell Israel, which you misspelled twice ;-)

Question 1. Are we better to use a private shuttle to drive from Amman to Jerusalem and stay there a few nights before going to Tel Aviv Or fly from Amman to Tel Aviv?

TLV airport is not really in Tel Aviv. The airport takes essentially the same amount of time to get to Tel Aviv versus Jerusalem. If you fly into TLV, it makes no difference whether you start or end in Jerusalem or Tel Aviv.

Flying vs. going across the Allenby bridge is a question of personal preference and cost. Both have their pros and cons. Flying is expensive and flying is a hassle. The Allenby bridge is cheaper and you can leave whenever you want, but sometimes it can be backed up.

I would appreciate input for an itinerary. Any must see or do’s, off the beaten track don’t miss suggestions.
Obviously Jerusalem is a must-see for everyone. Beyond that, Israel has so much to see and one week is nothing. Israel has so much to offer and what you choose to do depends on your interests -- religion (what religion?)? ancient history? modern history? archaeology? nature? You really need to do some research and look at what's out there and figure out what interests you most.

Last edited by LAX_Esq; Mar 30th, 2022 at 02:31 PM.