Deep in the Desert: a Jordan photo essay/TR

Old Mar 26th, 2022, 10:37 PM

Received 19 Likes on 4 Posts
Wow, zebec, another fantastic collection of photos, personal stories and information.
Really enjoyed your report.
Old Mar 27th, 2022, 04:32 AM

Received 83 Likes on 5 Posts
Loving the photos zebec.

That is one skinny dog.
Old Mar 27th, 2022, 05:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zebec, beautiful photos of Jordan, and so timely, as my husband and and I are planning a trip to Egypt and Jordan for the end of the year or thereabouts.

And I do believe that this is the first I’ve seen a photo of zebec himself!
Old Mar 27th, 2022, 06:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GREAT report zebec and a picture of Mr. and Mrs. Z!!!!
Old Mar 27th, 2022, 08:34 AM
dcd

Received 58 Likes on 4 Posts
Zman, those are unquestionably professional quality photos. Every. Single. One. What an eye you have. Superb compositions. I need to go back over the photos again and again because I have much to learn, as they are a course in and of themselves.

Love the stories, too. You obviously have a Percy-like memory, coupled with a tremendous gift for storytelling. And of course there's your many music talents. So many talents in one person! Not fair, lol!!!!!

Nice to finally see a photo of you and Mrs Z, too. You are a very beautiful couple.
Old Mar 27th, 2022, 10:49 AM

Thanks for the beautiful pictures and story telling in detail.

You had me pleasantly reminiscing of my trip to Petra and Wadi Rum.

You sure took a lot of quality photos.

Nice to see Mrs. z and about yourself, weren't you one of the bad guys in the Magnificent Seven movie.

This was a most enjoyable journey via your superb report.

Thanks so much for taking an extraordinary amount of time to post this Report.

Old Apr 10th, 2022, 08:14 AM
Original Poster

So just a brief update from our abovementioned NY friends Kev and Teresa. After viewing this TR they responded about their own Petra flood, a dodged bullet if ever. Below is an excerpt.

"The flash flood experience was the first thing that came to our minds thinking back to that pre-911/pre-digital camera trip. We broke a camera escaping the flood, witnessed hardship, and flew in a helicopter shortly after the flood. Also sent our first international email from Petra."
I am done. the brown waters
Old Apr 11th, 2022, 01:03 PM

Zebec, I always enjoy your TRs, photos and musical selections but your Jordan TR might be my favourite.

Who assisted you in organizing this trip?
Old Apr 11th, 2022, 01:33 PM
Original Poster

Hi and shukran BL. Appreciate your kind words. Actually, I do these reports mostly by myself. My wife is a truly superb photo editor by hobby, and she assists that way in approximately 15% of the imagery. She too does photography on our trips, but remains unmotivated to apply the post-trip rendering and associated editing aforementioned, to her own shots. We use Adobe Lightroom, a sort of B-league Photo Shop.
It occurs to me BL, that maybe I misread your query---did you mean 'which travel agency was used for Jordan trip organization?'

Am currently working on our Provence/Gard photo essay. It's a funny one, in that there already exists a text-only TR here for that same voyage ('Provencal Echo').
Btw, a poster named Todd just PMed us, having just read our Puglian TR. He asked questions regarding some logistical specifics for that Italian region, plus Matera. We are always very happy to assist fellow travelers as best we can.
How about yourself---where to next?

I am done. the sandscape

Last edited by zebec; Apr 11th, 2022 at 01:35 PM.
Old Apr 11th, 2022, 02:40 PM

Thanks for the quick response, Z.

I'm also Canadian, out of Vancouver, and I think you may be laying your head these days in TO?

Next to your Jordan TR - terrific music BTW - I laughed hard at the Georgian Bay TR with old friends.

Yes, I did mean was there a particular company or travel agent who organized the day to day stuff? Or did you and Ms Z handle it?
Old Apr 11th, 2022, 07:07 PM

Received 17 Likes on 1 Post
This is a beautiful trip report, Zebec. The images are outstanding and the music is the perfect. I haven't listened to Kashmir in a long time.

Thanks for sharing!
Old Apr 11th, 2022, 08:06 PM
Original Poster

Yo BL, that trip was arranged by me. I always do that sort of thing, and we haven't used an agent for many years. Happy to further clarify lodgings for those who might seek that. And yes, we live in Toronto.
*And for those who might want to see Top-Quality travel photos taken in Africa--do check out Sundowner's imagery. I admire all her work but especially like her people shots. Superb stuff that Fodorites should check out here plus on her site.
Gotta go, I'm receiving a call from that cottage pup, Beau.

"Hi Beau, wazzup dude? OK, u-huh....u-huuuuh...right. So let me get this straight: its your first date with her and you're not sure whether to bring flowers or chocolates? Wait! Did you just say that she lives at the Zoo?! Whatyamean? She's a lioness? ARE YOU NUTS?"

I am done. the wee hour zoo gate-crasher
Old Apr 12th, 2022, 06:28 PM

Received 17 Likes on 1 Post
Oh, thank you, Zebec. As I scrolled through your images I was thinking you are the real deal.