Canadian tour company for Israel tour

Old Mar 16th, 2022, 07:35 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Canadian tour company for Israel tour

This is probably a longshot, but can anyone recommend a good Canadian tour company for a tour of Israel.
Thanks
Old Mar 22nd, 2022, 10:32 AM

Yo GTG, dunno maybe try contacting the Israeli Embassy/Consulate? *Also, perhaps the Canuck government might know of some relevant agencies.
Maybe also Trip Advisor? There used to be a travel agency in Mirvish Village owned by veteran traveler Tov Mason--betcha' that he would have answers for you.
Surely, the Jewish Congress, synagogues et al would also have some ideas.

Will return to add additional posts here if anything else comes to mind.
Good Luck.
I am done. The end.
Old Mar 22nd, 2022, 02:14 PM

Here is the link for the above Tov Mason and his company. I've presented the page from his site that deals with Israel.
I am done. The end.
https://www.footprintstravel.com/des...erranean.shtml
Old Mar 23rd, 2022, 01:25 PM

Why would you hire a Canadian tour company for a tour of Israel? Would you recommend an Israeli friend to hire an Israeli company for a tour of Canada? A Canadian tour company is just going to overcharge you as a middleman who arranges a tour with a local Israeli company. You should find an Israeli tour company.
Old Mar 23rd, 2022, 02:13 PM

Yo GTG, I've name-checked you in our new Jordan TR/Photo essay here. Its titled 'Deep in the Desert' and well, you'll see...
I am done. the CNIB
Old Mar 24th, 2022, 12:11 PM

Not a Canadian company, but we took a Road Scholar trip to Israel, Jordan and Egypt in early 2020 that we really enjoyed.
Old Mar 25th, 2022, 06:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Again...not a Canadian company but there were people on our Tauck tour of Israel and Jordon from all over. The tour was fabulous.
Old Mar 26th, 2022, 07:13 AM

https://noahtours.com/en/israel_tours_from/toronto
Not sure if this will help but there is an 800 number to call for assistance.
Old Mar 27th, 2022, 03:54 PM

Hi There

If you want a Canadian Company that has great tours , including Israel and Jordan

then

https://approachtours.com/

They are out of Toronto and Montreal

You can view their Israel & Jordan Tour online
Old Apr 1st, 2022, 05:12 PM
Original Poster

Oh my, this is a great wealth of information -- thank you all so much! I'm going to look up every company suggested. I also asked the members of my Yiddish class and two companies were suggested, Na-at and Peerless.
Thanks, schmerl, Tauck Tours is on my list as well as a US company, IsramIsraelusa. My friend went on a tour with them and loved it.
I haven't heard of Road Scholar before (great name!) but will definitely look into it.
zebec, I'll definitely check out your trip report. We will be returning to our synagogue for services next week so I'll ask around there. Re Tov Mason, thanks for that website. As far as I understand it, he arranges customized individual tours and I really want a group experience.
My original thought was to use a Canadian tour company (as opposed to US) to avoid the horrendous exchange rate but a friend has convinced me that it doesn't work that way. He explained why but I can't. Still, it means I'm now open to US companies.
I'm glad I checked in again -- I was so sure I wasn't going to get any responses that I stopped looking!
Many thanks again, everyone.
Old Apr 5th, 2022, 05:30 PM

Glad to help. To see Israel thru the eyes of an Israeli guide adds immeasurable to the experience there.
Old Apr 5th, 2022, 06:49 PM

Not Canadian, but I recently came across a recommendation for this company. Looked sufficiently interesting that I bookmarked it: https://www.mejditours.com/open-tour/multi-day-tour/
Old Apr 5th, 2022, 09:21 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, Thursdays, I'll check them out.
​​
Old Apr 6th, 2022, 07:53 AM

Tauck uses local guides in all the places they visit.
Old Apr 6th, 2022, 09:16 AM
Original Poster

I guess I just assumed all the good tour companies used local guides but maybe that's not the case. It's a good question to ask though.
Old Apr 6th, 2022, 09:38 AM

A lot of countries require a local guide for sites, that doesn't mean the tour leader needs to be local.
Old Apr 6th, 2022, 09:48 AM
Original Poster

Starting to make my list of questions!
Old Jun 15th, 2022, 07:31 PM
Original Poster

Hi there,
I thought I'd come back with an update.
Well, we're going to Israel for the last two weeks of October THIS YEAR!
It all came about sort of unexpectedly. A friend who knew we were interested in an Israel trip has periodically been sending me bits of information and last week she sent a live information session for a tour currently being planned by the Baltimore Zionist District. It was a wonderful session and the tour sounds perfect for us. The host of the session was Jacob Shoshan (I think I've got that right) and he'll be the tour guide in Israel. The best thing is that the tour itself is planned by Isramisrael which is the company who designed the Israel tour that my friend went on and just loved. It's pretty much exactly the same except that hers stemmed from a New York organization.
We've been talking about doing this for so long but something always got in the way and then of course there was covid. We were planning yet again to go next year but this felt like fate so we grabbed it.
Now all I've got to do is get a decent flight. I'd like to fly El Al but there are no flights on the day we'd need to go or even the day before.
Do you think I'd be wiser, price-wise, to book the flight now? Is it too early? Too late?
We've never been on a tour and I have to say that I can't believe the luxury of not having to do all that planning work!!

Last edited by goddesstogo; Jun 15th, 2022 at 07:36 PM.
Old Jun 16th, 2022, 05:22 AM

I think prices for flights will continue to rise, so if you find flights you like now, go for it.
Old Jun 16th, 2022, 11:49 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, schmerl -- I just did it!
There was only one non-stop flight and only one airline going on my travel days, so not much choice-making required. First time flying premium economy. I'm so glad I called today. We got the last two PE seats going and there were only five available coming home so we snapped up two of them.
Now all I have to do is arrange for travel insurance. My sister's friend is a travel agent and she booked the airline tickets for us and will also help us with the travel insurance.
And after that, I'm sitting back and doing nothing!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -