Search

Hilton Head Island

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19th, 2022, 06:00 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hilton Head Island

I am traveling to Hilton Head Easter time. I am booked at Marriott but I probably will change since it is too expensive. What hotel on beach that is more affordable? Or if not on beach where would you recommend to stay for about $250 a night?
Old Feb 19th, 2022, 07:12 AM

There are a LOT of more interesting and beautiful places to stay on the southeast coast than Hilton Head which is a huge sterile beach development.with zero ambience.

You might look at Litchfield Beach and Golf Resort. The Litchfield Inn is a hotel right on the beach with 2 excellent restaurants in it. There is unlimited golf in the area and tennis. There are numbers of excellent restaurants witin a 5 mile drive. You can surf (but not big waves--but that is true all along the coast). There are historic plantations nearby and Georgetown ( a charming little town dating from Revolutionary War times).
https://www.reservationdesk.com/hote...03-15&wdates=1

Last edited by Gretchen; Feb 19th, 2022 at 07:14 AM.
Old Feb 19th, 2022, 11:03 AM

You'll be close to historic Beaufort, SC which has lovely antebellum homes and trees dripping with Spanish moss and a fairly lively downtown. There is the Spanish Moss Trail, a rail-trail for bicyclists and walkers, which goes to Yemasee. Eat fresh seafood. The ocean water at Hilton Head will probably be too cool to swim in.

Last edited by PrairieHikerII; Feb 19th, 2022 at 11:08 AM.
Old Feb 19th, 2022, 12:08 PM

See if you can rent a Marriott timeshare from someplace like Redweek, I checked and there are a number of rentals listed, most are under your budget of $250 (but not sure if that is also for Easter, was having problems with the calendar). I used to own a Marriott timeshare (on Kauai) and traded into Hilton Head twice, at Barony Beach Club and Grand Ocean. One caveat, check the amenities, only a small number of their properties have stuff like a snack bar and/or bar onsite, important since although I was staying timeshare I did not want to make my own cocktails etc.
Old Feb 20th, 2022, 02:29 PM

Next time check out Jekyll Island, Georgia which offers a variety of amenities, including 10 miles of beaches, an Historic Landmark District, nature center, the Georgia Sea Turtle Center, and Summer Waves Water Park. Only 35% is developed which leaves remote beaches, maritime forests and salt marshes for exploration. With 22 miles of picturesque paths and trails, biking offers a relaxing way to see all of the island's hallmark points of interest.

Last edited by PrairieHikerII; Feb 20th, 2022 at 02:32 PM.
Old Feb 21st, 2022, 03:14 AM

I have another "mantra" when going to a beach. If I can't be ocean front go somewhere where I can. And I will say really specifically that non-oceanfront at Hilton Head is like being in a housing development.
If you are going to change your reservations go somewhere that is special. I posted the Litchfield Inn site as an example. Others have also suggested places.
Old Feb 21st, 2022, 07:18 AM

Here are places aveailable in Pawley's for Easter weekend Many at or below your price range.
https://www.expedia.com/Hotel-Search...se&userIntent=
Old Feb 21st, 2022, 11:21 AM
Original Poster

Thank you! I will look into it.