Michelin rated Paris restaurants

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16th, 2022, 11:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be celebrating a milestone birthday this December in Paris (December 27th) and would like to experience a tasting menu at a Michelin starred (3 or 2 star) restaurant. I've read LOTS of reviews, "Top 5 or 10" lists and honestly, I'm overwhelmed. I have already eaten at Arpège and Le Meurice (both amazing and experiences I never forget). I love beautiful food that tastes amazing, great service, and of course, the setting is also beautiful. From my research, I've shortlisted Alléno Paris, Le Cinq, and Guy Savoy. I know that reviews are subjective, but the more I research, the more I am second-guessing myself. I'd love to hear recommendations and experiences first-hand from those who recently dined at any Michelin-rated restaurant in Paris. I realize that this will be an expensive meal, but you don't get to spend your 60th birthday in Paris more than once! Thank you in advance for your help!
Old Feb 16th, 2022, 02:24 PM

I don't know about the food, but the interior is in a stunning art nouveau style: https://www.lucascarton.com/

It does have a Michelin star.
Old Feb 16th, 2022, 05:22 PM

Here you go, I hope this helps.

https://www.parisinsidersguide.com/m...-in-paris.html
Old Feb 17th, 2022, 07:48 AM

I visited Comice in December. It’s a one Michelin star. I didn’t love it.

I went to Septime a couple years ago and it is one of my favorite dining experiences. It is also a one star.
Old Feb 17th, 2022, 07:53 AM

We took my DD to L'Oiseau Blanc in the Peninsula on a trip to Paris to celebrate her birthday. Yes, it was beautiful, lovely views and good food, but, it didn't "thrill" me and I wont rush back. She did go to Le Cinq and said it was wonderful, but, VERY formal.
Old Feb 17th, 2022, 12:57 PM

For my 60th or 65th (time before last in Paris, so can't exactly recall) we had lunch at the Grand Vefour. Michelin or not, it is one of the most historic and beautiful restaurants in Paris. We remember being seated in Colette's banquette. I had to sketch the meal in my journal for better recall! Outstanding. Guy Savoy also has Les Bouquinistes right along the Left Bank in St Germain, which is also excellent, if you choose not to go to his new one in the Mint. We are going again in October and have to begin my dining research again soon!