Jefferson city, Missouri to New Orleans, Louisiana

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12th, 2022, 12:03 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking for a little help with a scenic drive with minimal time between Jefferson city, Missouri and Little Rock, Arkansas. Two days later we will be driving on to New Orleans.
Google sends me via Rte. 65 or is the trip via 63 more scenic. We are doing this first leg in one day, just looking for a nice town to visit for a quick bite and a leg stretch.

Likewise, the trip from LR to NOLA sends me through Baton, Rouge. Thought maybe visit the capitol would be nice.

Appreciate any help, suggestions.

​​​​​
Old Feb 12th, 2022, 02:58 PM

I think US 65 is more scenic and you will cross over the Buffalo National River. US 425 will take you through Natchez, Mississippi which is an antebellum Mississippi River town which still has many historic buildings and houses including Old South plantation mansions, some dating from the 1700s. Then you take US 61 to Baton Rouge.
Old Feb 12th, 2022, 04:22 PM
Original Poster

Prairie HikerII, Thank you for your quick response. I will take a closer look at your Missouri directions. I am excited about the Natchez stop.
Mike
Old Feb 13th, 2022, 09:15 AM

You are welcome, mcsles. Natchez is a premier destination in the US. "More than 1,000 structures in this Mississippi city are listed on the National Register of Historic Places, including homes dating to the late 1700s. They help preserve the city’s storied past, while cutting-edge cuisine and a lively social calendar offer year-round activities for modern travelers." If you go on US 63 to Little Rock you will pass through Mountain View which is one of the folk music capitals of America.