Urgent trip - Schengen visa for Asian passport and UK visa is expired soon

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3rd, 2022, 02:33 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HI there, I really need your help urgently. If any one experienced or knew about anything related to my case, please give me some advices.
here is my situation.
1. I am holding Vietnamese passport which is valid for 10 years with plenty of empty pages.
2. I am living in the UK under Dependent visa of my husband 's Tier 2 Visa, which will be expired in end of April.
3. My husband and I are going to apply for ILR in Mar and it will take a long time to process. Normally from 8 weeks to 6 months.
4. My had 2 Schengen Visa in the past (3 months & 2 years) and never overstay and followed laws while in EU.
5. I am self-employed but not earn that much. I really need to attend a very important meeting with my business partners and if this meeting successes, it will grow my business too. However we are not belong to any company or organization that can help to write any kind of invitation letter. So I can only apply Schengen visa as Short Stay Travel Visa. (we cannot do online meeting, need to be in person)

My question are:
1. I know the rule that I need minimum of 3 months validity UK visa from the date you travel back from EU country to my resident country (UK). But my visa right now only has 3 months validity from today. i am thinking to apply the Short stay visa form + a personal letter describe my case and my need and how important for me to get visa to attend my meeting + good financial support + my husband letter confirming about our visa situation and confirm i will be back to UK .
2. Or do you think I should give them a different emergency reason that more even reasonable? because I don't know how to describe my case so that i sound like very important and urgent to get their sympathy to grant me a visa
3. Do you think is it possible to get Schengen Visa from France given the fact that i used to have 2 Schengen Visa and I have a good travel records.
4. What do you think I need to provide more to get the % of getting the visa higher?

Many thanks for your help.
Old Feb 3rd, 2022, 02:50 PM
Forum Moderator

Moved to Europe Forum
Old Feb 3rd, 2022, 03:07 PM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Moderator1
Moved to Europe Forum
HI, how can I move to Europe forum. I thought I already in it. Thank you
Old Feb 3rd, 2022, 03:14 PM

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts
Your situation & various scenarios are very confusing and I doubt what’s important to you will be important to those who will, or will not, grant you a visa. It simply won’t interest them. What will interest them are the rules including whether you’re allowed to conduct business in the EU or UK. I suggest you be sure you know the rules that apply to you, keep your story as simple as possible, be respectful of those who are making the decisions and then work within the boundaries that apply.

You may need an immigration lawyer more than advice from us tourists.
Old Feb 3rd, 2022, 03:53 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for your advices.
I am not working in EU.
But I am eligible to work and/or do business in UK.
I just need to travel to Paris for an important meeting but it is impossible for me to get France business travel visa.
That is why I am thinking to apply normal Short Stay travel visa.
However my UK visa (I am resident in UK) is expired soon that make me worry they will not grant me a Schengen visa.
I am posting it here to see if any body have been in similar situation but got Schengen Visa
Old Feb 3rd, 2022, 05:12 PM

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by linhnguyen1240
. . . I am posting it here to see if any body have been in similar situation but got Schengen Visa
In these situations the details of one's situation, such as country of citizenship and others, matter a lot. I doubt anyone here will have been in similar enough circumstances to help you. You need solid professional advice, the sooner the better. Don't waste your time on forums.

Old Feb 3rd, 2022, 06:03 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Moderator1
Moved to Europe Forum
Originally Posted by linhnguyen1240
HI, how can I move to Europe forum. I thought I already in it. Thank you
I think that post meant you had posted on a different board and a moderator moved it here to the Europe Forum

Welcome to Fodors
Old Feb 4th, 2022, 06:33 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
yep, you really need an expert lawyer for this level of question
Old Feb 4th, 2022, 06:39 AM
Original Poster

thank you so much.
Old Feb 4th, 2022, 06:40 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MmePerdu
In these situations the details of one's situation, such as country of citizenship and others, matter a lot. I doubt anyone here will have been in similar enough circumstances to help you. You need solid professional advice, the sooner the better. Don't waste your time on forums.
Thank you. I might just find a lawyer as you recommend
Old Feb 4th, 2022, 01:01 PM

Unfortunately, this goes beyond the knowledge of most of the posters on this board who are likely not living in the UK with a Vietnamese passport. I know the UK can be quite strict about visas. Perhaps the Vietnamese consulate in the UK or wherever you obtained your current visa can offer advice? Good luck!