South America - Brazil and Argentina

Old Jan 30th, 2022, 09:12 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
South America - Brazil and Argentina

Hi
I am planning to travel for two months in South America from March till April.
My trip would include one month in Brazil and another one in Argentina.
Where do you think it will be the best to start the trip considering the weather.
- My trip focused on natural views, landscapes and national parks rather than cites.
For example- State of Amazonas, Pantanal, south west Argentina, Antarctica, and etc..
Thanks you for the help!

Old Jan 30th, 2022, 07:17 PM

Why a month in each country? Both are huge and you could easily spend the whole two months in either. Indeed , crossing borders when covid restrictions are still in place adds a huge amount of additional risk and complexity.

i would probably start with a "bottom up" approach by deciding what exactly it is you want to see and then decide how much time to allocate. I have spent a lot of time in Argentina but little in Brazil apart from brief vists to São Paulo and Foz de Iguazu.

in terms of Argentina, March should be good for the southern part of the country - Patagonia which has some of th e most amazing scenery anywhere. Salta province is great for a road trip, Iguazu falls is one of the wonders of the world and can be reached from Brazil. Some photos and more detail on our blog @ https://accidentalnomads.com/categor...ica/argentina/ just click on the titles for the full posts.

check out any number of weather sites for info on weather in each regions wishing each country.
Old Feb 1st, 2022, 07:33 PM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
The seasons are opposite the USA and Europe so I would visit Argentina first.
Old Apr 1st, 2022, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by HappyTrvlr
The seasons are opposite the USA and Europe so I would visit Argentina first.
As a traveler I love people who are looking for adventure outside the big cities!

Of course, it's a personal decision for everyone.

If you want to get to know Buenos Aires, from a place other than "the big city" I recommend you to visit the Argentinean countryside.

Places like Chascomús are incredible. And landscapes and adventures, I always recommend Argentina Polo Day.

If you don't know Argentine Polo is.... Magic. Have a good trip!
Old Sep 23rd, 2022, 07:54 AM

Great destinations!

What country you should visit first, I think it depends on what weather you prefer! Keep in mind that during those months it's Autumn in that part of the planet, also Brazil is a lot warmer than Argentina.

My personal prefference would be to travel to Argentina first, visit places in the Patagonia like puerto madryn, bariloche and tierra del fuego, then start traveling north. Despite not liking big cities I think you chould give Buenos Aires a chance. It's a great place with so much to see. For a more peaceful time visit surrounding areas in Buenos Aires like Tigre or Capilla del Señor to get in touch with nature. Then visit the north of Argentina. A couple of days in Salta and Jujuy, then head east to Iguazu falls and from there you can start the Brazilian part of your trip!

Good luck!