Vaccine Booster for Health Pass?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26th, 2022, 09:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dear All, I'm a little bit confused about the new requirements. I'm gonna travel to Paris on Feb 19 to 22. I got 2 Sputnik vaccine in 2021 and I got the third vaccine which was the Janssen on Jan 15. I know that France don't accept the Sputnik vaccine that was the reason why I chose the one dose vaccine as a booster. I read on the Official consulate site that the bordering and the services are separated. I download the TousAntiCovid app and I upload my certificates, but it says, I should get an extra dose on Feb 15 for my Janssen, but I already got the maximum 3 dose. That means I won't be able use the Health Pass if I won't got a fourth dose?
  • Could someone help me what can I do in this situation?
  • Could I visit the museum, bars, attractions in this case?
Thank you in advance!
Old Jan 26th, 2022, 10:50 AM

Yes, I know what you are supposed to do. France doesn't recognize Sputnik at all so it's like you never had that. It is unfortunate that Janssen spread the idea that it was a one dose vaccine but it isn't, it was never as effective as the others after two doses. It was misleading France knows that it wasn't as good and so you are required to get a booster of a different type (Pfizer or Moderna after a first dose of Janssen).
These are the rules:
Les personnes vaccinées avec Janssen doivent recevoir une injection additionnelle de vaccin à ARN messager dès 4 semaines après leur vaccination, puis une dose de rappel dès 3 mois après cette dernière.

see https://www.service-public.fr/partic...ualites/A15318

So as of Feb 15th, you are to have a booster of Pfizer or Moderna, exactly as they said.

If you live somewhere that it is impossible to follow those guidelines, I am afraid you are out of luck.

I actually thought that app didn't work any more for non-French, I'm surprised.
Old Jan 26th, 2022, 12:27 PM
Original Poster

Unfortunately I can't get any new vaccine, but I searched up one site which shows how long could I use the health pass. I wrote the Janssen as a first vaccine on Jan15 and the site (monrappelvaccincovid.ameli.fr) says that:

"you must take an additional dose from: 02/15/22 Otherwise, your health pass will no longer be valid after: 03/17/22".
  • Maybe it could be true and I can use it for 17th of March?
  • Possible loophole maybe that I get a certificate from a doctor what mention I can't receive any vaccine till 2 month, at least I got this info from the Embassy.
  • The other thing is what I'm curious about that the two Sinopharm with a Pfizer booster is accepted? Because I heard so much things which are different and I can't decide which is true. The app shows that everything is OK with that.
By the way, yes the site also says that we should use this app as a foreigner as well Easier than the paper form.

Last edited by szabi97; Jan 26th, 2022 at 12:30 PM.