Evening Activities in Paris?

Old Jan 25th, 2022, 05:13 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evening Activities in Paris?

Hello everyone,

We have most of our itinerary planned, but we're wondering about good ways to spend our evenings in Paris in late March/early April. We arrive on the 31st; unfortunately, American changed the flights so now we don't arrive until 1:25 in the afternoon, so I imagine we will be pretty wiped out the first night.

That leaves us four nights to do things. We aren't nightclub people, but we enjoy a drink now and then, and nice things to look at are always a plus. What do you all enjoy doing at night in Paris?

Lee Ann
Old Jan 26th, 2022, 04:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i don't know if they run in April, but if they do, I'd schedule an 8:20 PM ride on a Batobus down the Seine, scheduled to arrive at Tour Eiffel at 8:55. That way, just as you get off the boat, the tower lights up...just for you! Awesome!
Old Jan 26th, 2022, 05:35 AM

We have enjoyed jazz in Paris. https://jazzfuel.com/paris-jazz-clubs/

And other music https://en.parisinfo.com/what-to-do-...certs-in-paris

And wine tasting. https://o-chateau.com/en/
Old Jan 26th, 2022, 08:46 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
As reviled as the Champs Elysées is by a lot of 'quality' tourists, it is still an excellent walk after dark, and most of the businesses stay open late.
Old Jan 26th, 2022, 12:59 PM

I'm very interested in classical music so often go to classical music concerts, many in churches for a modest cost. Or I may go to the theater or to see a ballet. Otherwise, I don't really need to be out on the town, I am tired from whatever I was doing all day. I don't eat dinner early ever, not even at home, so basically I go out to dinner at a nice restaurant or sidewalk cafe and linger, that's about it. Except for the concert thing, but I often go to those in late afternoon, actually. oh, I know, one thing I like to do in Paris is go to the movies. I like to see foreign films with French subtitles as it helps me learn more everyday French often. Sometimes they have more niche foreign flms in Paris than ever show up at my cinema t home in the US, also.

And there are some museums open at night, actually, the Louvre is/was at least one night. And those night boat tours is another idea, I've only done that in summer myself.

This is one venue where I've gone to concerts, a small place near Clichy. I heard Maxim le Forestier live there, what a treat.
https://www.leuropeen.paris/bienvenu...hainement.html
Here's another one near where I usually stay in Montparnasse/15th
http://www.balblomet.fr/

I also really like the Theatre des Champs-Elysees for serious concerts and the Chatelet Theater has interesting shows sometimes.

I don't really plan most of those ahead (although I do a special concert or ballet), but just look in the weekly entertainment guide l'Officiel des Spectacles when I'm there.
Old Jan 26th, 2022, 01:01 PM

I'm very interested in classical music so often go to classical music concerts, many in churches for a modest cost. Or I may go to the theater or to see a ballet. Otherwise, I don't really need to be out on the town, I am tired from whatever I was doing all day. I don't eat dinner early ever, not even at home, so basically I go out to dinner at a nice restaurant or sidewalk cafe and linger, that's about it. Except for the concert thing, but I often go to those in late afternoon, actually. oh, I know, one thing I like to do in Paris is go to the movies. I like to see foreign films with French subtitles as it helps me learn more everyday French often. Sometimes they have more niche foreign flms in Paris than ever show up at my cinema t home in the US, also.

And there are some museums open at night, actually, the Louvre is/was at least one night. And those night boat tours is another idea, I've only done that in summer myself.

This is one venue where I've gone to concerts, a small place near Clichy. I heard Maxime le Forestier live there, what a treat.
https://www.leuropeen.paris/bienvenu...hainement.html

Here's another one near where I usually stay in Montparnasse/15th
Le Bal Blomet - Cabaret d'art et club de jazz à Paris (15ème)

I also really like the Theatre des Champs-Elysees for serious concerts and the Chatelet Theater has interesting shows sometimes.

I don't really plan most of those ahead (although I do a special concert or ballet), but just look in the weekly entertainment guide l'Officiel des Spectacles when I'm there.
Old Jan 26th, 2022, 01:56 PM

Google 'Sainte Chappelle concerts' if you like classical music. Visit this jewel of a church even if you don't!

Somewhat cliched but there was a night lights bus tour that ended either at Moulin Rouge or Eiffel Tower for a show or dinner, respectively.

Old Jan 28th, 2022, 09:18 AM

What can I suggest to do in the evening in Paris
  • Take a classic Seine river cruise.
  • Admire the Eiffel Tower light show
  • Descend into the Paris catacombs at night.
  • Drink craft beer (while wine and cocktails have long been a staple of Parisian nights out, the advent of the craft brewery and brewpub is a more recent trend in Paris. Authentic brasseries and cafes around the city have long offered familiar French and European beers on tap—from Amstel to Hoegaarden.)
Old Jan 28th, 2022, 09:41 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Many people like to go up to Sacré Coeur after dark because it is open late (22:00?) and the view over Paris from up there is lovely (I will not go so far as to say "spectacular".). If you want a superb view of Paris you will go to the top of the Tour Montparnasse at night. (It got a covid reprieve because it is supposed to close soon for a complete makeover that will last several years, but no new date seems to have been set yet.)

Need I say that there are a zillion cafés in each area to prolong the evening if desired?
Old Jan 28th, 2022, 09:48 AM

"I will not go so far as to say "spectacular"." I think you could, kerouac. It is great.
Old Feb 1st, 2022, 08:02 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, everyone, for your suggestions. We were planning to do a boat ride one night, and I think we're also going to do the bus tour. We're also going to visit Sainte Chapelle; they haven't released their April concert schedule yet but we will definitely check it out.

Lee Ann