Is my hotel reservation confirmed?

Old Jan 20th, 2022, 07:07 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is my hotel reservation confirmed?

When I was searching for hotels, I found a great hotel that was sold out on Booking.com but had 1 room left on Orbitz. (And the hotel itself doesn't have its own reservation system. They just redirect to Booking.com.) So I bought the room on Orbitz, but now I'm worried that there might've been a delay or something, and the hotel is actually overbooked.

I messaged the hotel and asked them, and when I gave them my name, they said: "reservation doesn't appear in our system do you have a confirmation number from the agency so we can check with them if this reservation passed through our system". When I gave them my Orbitz confirmation number, they said: "we have found your reservation in the agency system" and they gave me my hotel confirmation number. They also said: "we were closed for system optimization as a normal process for a new year start. (note: I booked on January 10th...) Don't worry your reservation is confirmed with us".

Does that mean that I definitely have a room? I'll be arriving late at night, so I'm worried about getting there and having issues with my reservation.
Old Jan 20th, 2022, 07:59 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Welcome to Fodors. Why do you think you might not have a confirmed booking?? Orbitz says you do. The hotel says you do. So - it seems that you do.

(ps: it is always a good idea to tell the hotel you'll be arriving late. May properties will re-sell a room if one hasn't shown up by a certain cut off time and there is no note on the reservation about a late arrival)
Old Jan 21st, 2022, 04:56 AM

Received 42 Likes on 2 Posts
You should be able to work with the hotel now. They confirmed and it’s always a good idea to as I once had a booking with a third party and then no room on arrival. I was new to booking on line and it didn’t occur to me to do that. I had booked two rooms but the third party canceled the one room. I never found out why and never used them again. So you may want to confirm again right before your arrival if you are worried.
Old Jan 23rd, 2022, 11:25 AM

Yes, reply to the hotel with your expected arrival time.

Be careful that you have booked the right date for arrivals close to midnight.

Eg Tell them
My reservation #... via Orbitz..Conf #.. is for arrival on Feb 9 and checkout on Feb 10.
My flight #... may arrive after midnight so I may arrive at 1am on the 10th of February.

Please confirm that your desk will be open and my room will be held

Sincerely

Name

You could also call them when you arrive at the destination.

Old Jan 23rd, 2022, 11:53 AM

Drop the hotel a line to let them know if your late arrival. Your booking will be guaranteed anyway but if you arrive really late and don’t tell them, they might think you will be a no show & release your room.

I never ever reconfirm hotel bookings made online, not necessary and a waste of time on both sides.
Old Jan 23rd, 2022, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by balthy
Drop the hotel a line to let them know if your late arrival. Your booking will be guaranteed anyway but if you arrive really late and don’t tell them, they might think you will be a no show & release your room.

I never ever reconfirm hotel bookings made online, not necessary and a waste of time on both sides.
Except when your hotel in Bogota doesn't have you reserved in the room you booked (nonrefundable) and then after digging through a manual folder of printed Booking.com bookings, they find it and offer you a room that they always keep open since it is so Sh*#y. Late at night and did not want to scramble to find something else. If I had written to confirm maybe they would have let me know and I could have booked elsewhere, ya know. Lucky you to have never been in that situation.

Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!