Prague or Paris With small kids

Old Jan 19th, 2022, 04:05 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Prague or Paris With small kids

Mom & Grandma Traveling with a 5 month old and a almost 5 yr old. March 14-17, 2022. We want to see the city, but also include some activities for the 5 year old. I guess Paris has Disney, but can you advise activities for kids in both cities please. We will probably do a city tour and maybe a river cruise. Wondering which city would be good for traveling with kids and walking outdoors of course. Ideas please. Thank you

Old Jan 19th, 2022, 05:21 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Does weather matter? Prague could be a good 10 degrees F colder than Paris during the day and down to freezing overnight, and there could be snow flurries.

In marginal weather, I might rather be in Paris. There are a couple of children's museums in the city, but I think you'll be too late for the Winter Circus, Bouglione in the Marais.

But there is a wonderful toy store in Prague with a carousel inside the store. Hamleys. And a friend with a Thomas-train obsessed child told me about a train-themed restaurant where some of your order is delivered by model train. Vytopna.
Old Jan 19th, 2022, 10:50 PM

Hi, nothing against Paris but we travelled to Prague when our daughter was small, visiting friends who lived there with two sons of their own. We visited them a couple of times and one of their favourite restaurants for the family is Pizza Nuova, where waiters roam the restaurant with unlimited pasta and pizza, which they serve to you in small portions, and you can refill as much as you like. Very kid-friendly, I think there might also be a children's area there for when the ants get into their pants. It's right on Namesty Republicky:

https://www.pizzanuova.cz/en/

Another thing we did was an old-timer car tour of the city. Great for when little or big legs give out, and the drivers are very knowledgeable and give a running commentary while they drive. This is good as Prague is much less compact than you would think; there are areas of the city such as the Jewish quarter (I don't know its name now) that are a bit outside the city. At the time you could just book it on the street, no idea how that is going nowadays.

I don't think you could go wrong with either destination, though. Paris is fabulous too!

Lavandula
Old Jan 20th, 2022, 06:59 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I have no idea what the weather will be like in Paris at that time (the last time I was there on those dates in March was 1973 and they were having a heat wave!), or what is currently open.

That said, our son (when he was both 13 months and 5 years old) loved two places in particular in Paris: Jardin d'Acclimatation and the Jardin du Luxembourg . . . they have a great playground for kids!
Old Jan 20th, 2022, 08:35 AM

Jardin du Luxemburg in Paris. When we were there several kids were sailing boats that can be rented next to the pond. There is also a lovely carousel, perfectly sized for a five-year-old.