Search

New York Booked 19-23rd Feb

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17th, 2022, 11:43 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New York Booked 19-23rd Feb

Hi All,
Thanks to the recommendations in an earlier post I have booked the Broadway Plaza hotel , 1155 Broadway for myself, my wife and our two boys (16+12). We got a great rate (Thanks everyone)
We have never been to New York before so we are an open book regarding places to eat , things to do ect..
We would also like to try and see a show.
So please, any hints, tips or recommendations are most appreciated.
We are also going to pick maybe 2 or 3 attractions to see and maybe a coach trip.

regards
Snipersham

Old Jan 18th, 2022, 07:17 AM

Welcome to NYC.

The Broadway Plaza is on Broadway just off W27th Street. The nearest subway is the R train ----(- the W train service is suspended) on W28th St and Broadway.
In using the subway - masks on required in the stations and on the trains. Wifi (this wifi is free)/cell service is available in the underground stations (but not in the tunnels between stations). The wifi is TransitWirelessWiFi.

Seeing a show might be difficult as many Broadway shows have either closed temporarily or completely due to Covid. For those that may be open when you visit there are conditions/restrictions (or whatever one may want to call it). https://www.broadway.org/info/covid-19-updates/

A current list of Broadway shows that have cancelled perfromances can be found here: https://www.newyorktheatreguide.com/...ue-to-covid-19

As for things to see - most attractions are open but require advance reservations (with tickets you print out or have on smartphone) which will result in a specific time to enter and the visit will be a timed one. Best to check online for the ones you have an inkling to see,

I'll leave the places to eat to others to recommend but note that masks are required to enter a restaurant. Also expect that proof of vaccination will be required and possibly photo ID as well.

[Just as a note regarding fast food places (McD's, Burger King, Wendy's etc). - with only a few exceptions dining in these places is not permitted - it is all take out.].

--- I hope I am not being a 'downer' but this is what we have to live with these days. ---

All things considered, you should have a good time.

Last edited by nycguy10002; Jan 18th, 2022 at 07:23 AM.
Old Jan 18th, 2022, 07:58 PM

A great place where we eat every time we visit NYC is Tavern on Jane in the West Village at 8th and Jane.
Another fun way to get in some tasty eats along with some touring is a food tour. We like the tours done by Foods of NY Tours - they offer several options. Do reserve in advance.

BTW do be sure to bring your vaccination cards as you will be asked to present them at almost all restaurants. Masks, too.