Apartment cost in Dalat, Vietnam

Old Jan 9th, 2022, 08:14 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apartment cost in Dalat, Vietnam

Just trying to get an idea of apartment cost in Dalat,1 bedroom 1bath, furnished for 6 months Dec 2022 to end of May 2023. Not high end but clean, safe walkable.
warrsher
Old Jan 10th, 2022, 06:33 AM

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts
Too many variables to give a useful answer. I suggest you go to a site like Airbnb, put in dates for the length of time you have in mind as there are often substantial discounts for longer stays.
Old Jan 11th, 2022, 07:46 AM
Original Poster

Air B&B

Originally Posted by MmePerdu
Too many variables to give a useful answer. I suggest you go to a site like Airbnb, put in dates for the length of time you have in mind as there are often substantial discounts for longer stays.
Yes, sorry I should have tried that first.
warrsher
Old Jan 11th, 2022, 08:41 AM

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts
No problem. Have a great time. I love Vietnam. I'm hoping to return to Asia around the same time, fingers crossed.

Old Jan 13th, 2022, 02:46 AM

You have probably already done this but before you look into apartment rentals I would check out the Visa requirements for Vietnam. In normal times the max would be 3 months though, in normal times you may be able to extend or renew. You may be able to get longer on a business visa or possibly a retirement visa but, being Vietnam, there will be a lot of hoops through which you would need to jump.

I have had good and bad experiences with Airbnb but have never used them in Vietnam. I have used booking.com and have always been pleased. They too offer longer stay and maybe worth a try. With either of those agencies I think it will prove expensive compared with DIY once you get there.

we have done several long stays in Vietnam, usually in Saigon but also in Hue and Hanoi. In Saigon we always use a Vietnamese friends homestay where she allows us use of her kitchen and treat us like part of the family . In Hue and Hanoi we just stayed for a few days and asked around on arrival and found apartments to rent or even just a guest house. laundry is cheap, everyone eats out because it is cheap and good. All We look for is a spacious room with a separate seating area plus access to outside space of some description.

If you definitely want a single apartment for the whole time ( and personally, I would find Da Lat too restrictive for that sort of time, then you may be better checking out one of the expat sites for opinions and suggestions. A great website for Vietnam is Vietnam Coracle run by an expat living there. Also , do check out Travelfish.com it may be worth paying to join for full access.

Old Jan 14th, 2022, 06:01 AM
Original Poster

Crellston
Thankyou very much, all very good advice.
Old Jan 21st, 2022, 11:41 PM

lassoa

I will go to Da Lat in Lunar New Year. Do you think Da Lat safe with corona. I will have to bring a blanket, because Dalat is quite cold.

Old Feb 20th, 2022, 03:48 PM

Bring a blanket ? What do you think, that Vietnam is a completely backward country ? Besides, Dalat, from where I just come from (I drove a scooter in T-shirt) is famous for its mild micro-climate; never too hot nor cold.

Before renting, I would stay a few days and shop around. I recommend to you the cute excellent 2-star Dat Thien An [email protected] (84) 263 96 97 77 202 Phan Dinh Phung and dinner at the super Nha Ly 88 of the same street

Forget Airbn, which rents anything they can grab. Go to a real estate agency (type "real estate agency Dalat" on Google).
Old Feb 20th, 2022, 03:57 PM

I forgot. Dalat is not an expensive town (as a matter of fact, Vietnam ids not an expensive country at all; an excellent 2-star hotel costs you 30-40$ a night and a 3-star 45-60) you can get in beautiful Hoi An a super villa 3 BR-garden-pool for 500-650$ a month). I think you can get a good place for 400-500$ a month
Old Feb 21st, 2022, 05:25 AM
Original Poster

Thanks again, all good information
Warrsher