Cathies

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25th, 2021, 04:12 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cathies

Dear Cathies; Thank you so much for your kind message. I have not been able to get back into the lounge, even though I had much help from Fodor's.
I wish you and your family a Happy New Year and that we all remain in good health.
love
Richard
Old Dec 26th, 2021, 05:23 PM

There have been quite a few posts about your troubles being locked out of the lounge. Thank you for your lovely post.
Old Dec 27th, 2021, 07:39 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Hello 1745 Iris!
we really miss you over there ! I’m delighted to see you here, I’d thought you couldn’t get into any part of Fodors.

All the very best to you & yours for a happy, healthy & peaceful 2022.
bokhara 🤗
Old Dec 28th, 2021, 04:58 PM
Original Poster

Hi Bokhara; Seems like it's been 4/5 months now that I have not had access in the lounge. I do miss everyone, even though I was not posting much.
But I don't think about Fodor's every day like I used to. I have free access to Ancestry from the local library and starting to do research on the family.
My sister has already done much.
My dear wife and I are doing well. Still going to the gym 4/5 days a week
Thanks and a Happy New year to you and your family
Richard.
Old Dec 29th, 2021, 03:30 PM

That’s great, Richard

There certainly is a life beyond Fodors!

Right now, I’m planning a drive up to Bundaberg in the new year to see a Florence Broadhurst exhibition. It’s only about 4-5 hours drive from here & I’ll then go on a little farther north to Rockhampton to see one of my cousins for a few days. Make it a round trip back to the Gold Coast via one of Cathie’s favourite places, Noosa & the Sunshine Coast.

Old Dec 30th, 2021, 11:04 AM
Original Poster

Looks like a great round trip with much enjoyment. I had to google Florence. Loved her paintings and designed wallpaper with flowers.
Cathies and I go wack for quite a few years starting with the fitness thread.
Be safe.
Richard
Old Jan 15th, 2022, 10:14 AM
Original Poster

Hi Cathies and Bokhara2; Seems like we have had a few lookers to our thread. So I just want to give you both an update. My wife and I are doing great.
Gym today and my wife worked a few machines and I did the treadmill for an hour.

Still doing weights a few times a week and the treadmill for three days.

It looks like we are still considering flying again to Florida to see my SIL. Not sure but looking for reasonable airfare. Our rooms are already reserved at the oceanfront, 60 YO hotel waiting to get torn down.

Our daughter has a villa rented in Portugal, but my wife will not allow us to consider it, out of concern for me.If I hadn't mentioned we are staying at Wentworth-by-the-Sea in Portsmouth, NH for three days over Valentine's Day. It's a make-up for the time in the 60's when I bought my dear wife a 'sowing machine'. LOL

Happy New Year, but above all, stay safe.

Richard

Last edited by 1745iris; Jan 15th, 2022 at 10:17 AM.
Old Jan 15th, 2022, 12:30 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
hi Richard - I had missed this and had no idea that you were locked out of the Lounge. How did that happen? Anyway I am so pleased to read that you are well and planning to travel albeit only in the US. i miss your contributions to the Gardening thread and your lovely pictures of your Japanese garden with its irises. Take care of yourself, Ann.
Old Jan 16th, 2022, 10:33 AM
Original Poster

Hi Anne; So good to hear from you. Fodors has attempted to get me back to the lounge, with no success. Perhaps someday. We have a small garden out back of our condo with a few irises. Much fun. A few looks at our current garden.
Richard

Old Jan 16th, 2022, 12:02 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
That's lovely Richard. Assuming they aren't current - though I did espy a clump of daffs which are just starting to come out here now. Hard to believe that even Fodors itself can't get you back into the lounge - that seems very weird. Still we can keep in touch on this thread! Back soon!
Old Jan 16th, 2022, 12:43 PM

Looks like a beautiful garden, Richard. The black mulch is a wonderful foil for the plants, May I ask what you use?

I hope your trip comes off.Even short trips are good for the soul!

We have just lifted the border between my State, Queensland, & Cathie’s, New South Wales. Supposedly it’s a permanent opening, which would be wonderful after a couple of years of mostly being closed with the occasional pass-required opening for non-essential travel. Apart from the boost to business & relief for people living in close to the borders, it’s just so very nice to be able to travel freely between our two States again.

Old Jan 17th, 2022, 10:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hello 1745 Iris. You are missed by many in the Lounge.
I am glad you and your wife are doing well and am still impressed with your workout schedule!
Old Jan 17th, 2022, 04:31 PM

Nice to know you are in fine fettle ! I've been wondering how your garden was growing !

A browser has locked me out of Fodors... but fortunately I've found a work around.

Belated Happy New Year..
Old Jan 17th, 2022, 06:33 PM

Hi Richard! I miss you. Glad to hear you and your wife are doing well. I guess I'll have to do a plank in your honor tomorrow morning.

Happy New Year!
Old Jan 18th, 2022, 01:58 PM
Original Poster

Hi All; There is some health stuff going on and I will be back when I can. My dear wife and I are OK.
I just didn't want anyone to think I was ignoring your kind comments.
Richard
Old Jan 18th, 2022, 04:51 PM

Hi Richard. I've certainly missed hearing from you in the Lounge and am so glad you're now posting here. How is your exercising going? Your stamina puts me to shame. Best wishes to you and your wife, as always.
Old Mar 23rd, 2022, 06:13 AM

Happy Birthday iris1745

Happy Birthday iris1745:

I know you are not able to enter the Lounge , but you are able to be in contact with

some of the Fodorites from Down Under, and hopefully they can pass these greetings to you.

I want to wish you a Very Happy Birthday, I hope this greeting finds you in good health

and that you and your Trophy wife are like a couple of Lovebirds !!

We miss you and your levity here and those pretty garden pictures .

Please enjoy the cake and flowers I am sending you.

Happy Birthday to you and Many More to Come. Stay Healthy Happy and Safe.

Sure wish I could see picture of your backyard garden. Have a Great Day and just remember that you are missed here.
Old Mar 23rd, 2022, 06:28 AM

Happy Birthday young man!! I hope you can figure out your password soon and get back in here again.
Old Mar 23rd, 2022, 07:53 AM

Iris, you are missed by all. Hope you will be back soon.
Moderators, can you help???
Old Mar 23rd, 2022, 08:01 AM

Happy Birthday Iris1745.
I wish you were still here with us. You are missed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -