COVID-19 Vaccine QR Codes Accepted in Egypt

Old Oct 31st, 2021, 11:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
COVID-19 Vaccine QR Codes Accepted in Egypt

I will be traveling from Jordon to Egypt in a few weeks. My tour adviser said that if we have digital vaccine card with a QR code then we don't need another PCR test in Jordan to enter Egypt. Only a few US states provide digital vaccine records with a QR code. Does anyone know if they will accept Clear Digital Vaccine Card with a QR code or VaxYes QR code. My tour advisor said her QR Reader could not read my VaxYes QR code.
Old Feb 21st, 2022, 12:46 PM

I have the same basic question. I can get a QR code, but I don't know if it's the type accepted in Egypt. My tour company told me to call the embassy in Washington to ask. It's President's Day, so I won't be able to call them until tomorrow. If I learn anything helpful, I'll post the info for other travelers.
Old Feb 27th, 2022, 09:50 AM

Did you hear back about whether the Clear app is accepted? I'm hoping to go to Egypt next month using that!
Old Feb 28th, 2022, 03:52 AM
Original Poster

No. I was not able to verify the Clear app.
Old Feb 28th, 2022, 03:50 PM

Anybody just back from Egypt????? HELP

I couldl find nothing in my airline's webpage to let me know about the QR code requirement for the 72 hour PCR test results. I went to British Airways, my carrier, for information, as they are the ones that check you at the boarding area. Their information was insufficient to tell me what is required as documentation of the PCR test results. I also check with the International Air Travel Association, which had requirements for every country. It said that documentation. is required, either a QR code, OR the stamp of the testing company. I'm really looking into this because it's $400 for an emergency QR code for the 72 hour PCR test for the two of us. That's a lot, considering the turnaround on it is 20 minutes. I can't. get through the phone hurdles at the Egyptian Embassy in Washington to a sk them. It's quite a system. Wow. So stressful, because our whole trip could be cancelled if we are denied entry, and it will be our fault.
Old Mar 17th, 2022, 06:03 AM

I think I've exhausted every source and not one will saya QR codes from the USA will be accepted. If they were accepted for the vaccination card. , no PCR test would be needed . Even our local guide in Egypt is still saying you need BOTH the QR code for vaccinations AND anegative PCR Covid test 72 hours before departure to Egypt probably due to the fact no one can say if a USA QR code is accepted, which would negate having to have TWO QR "proven" interventions. For Coloradoans, it's no QR codes are given for PCR tests except from Passport Health. which MAY have a PCR test that is quick enough for the timeline and come with a QR code and costs $200, so if anyone has advice or has been there. please chime in.
Old Mar 20th, 2022, 09:58 AM

I traveled to Egypt November 2021 with a PCR test that had a lab stamp that included info on the lab ($150) obtained with just a 30 minute wait the day before I left home. Upon arrival in Egypt, the agent took a look at my paper vax card and the app VaxYes on my phone which has a QR code. However, the Lufthansa gate staff at Dulles closely analyzed the PCR results and my vaccination card with booster.

Jordan's rules have changed since we traveled from Egypt to Jordan, but Viking Cruises provided proof of a negative PCR test that included a QR code.