Travel from Denmark to Stockholm

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7th, 2021, 05:55 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In September I plan.hope to travel first to Copenhagen for 4 days and then fly to Stockholm. Have read Sweden government info several times. Appears to say entry to Sweden from Denmark even by "foreign nationals" (does this include US residents and citizens?) is without restriction. So tourists from US flying from Copenhagen to Stockhom are allowed? Without negative Covid test? I am fully vaccinated with US CDC card for proof. Thank you especially to anyone who has recent experience.
Old Sep 7th, 2021, 11:48 PM

There are special entry rules for those who arrive in Sweden from other Nordic countries. And Sweden's policy is to apply the rules from wherever you are travelling from, in this case from Denmark.So yes, there are no restrictions for anyone who travels from Denmark to Sweden and no COVID test is required, you just need your passport. At least, this is my understanding of the rules.
I'm not sure about your US CDC vaccination card. I believe that those cards issued outside of the EU are not recognised by Sweden. You can get an antigen easily in Denmark, at Kastrup I have used Falck quite a few times.

Old Sep 27th, 2021, 06:34 AM

As far I know, from 29th September, Sweden will be fully open and there will be no restrictions at all.
Old Sep 27th, 2021, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by dmvachhani
As far I know, from 29th September, Sweden will be fully open and there will be no restrictions at all.
The lifting of restrictions on the 29th September are local ones in Sweden, nothing to do with travel.

The travel ban from outside EU to Sweden lasts until 31 October. Travel is permitted from Denmark to Sweden currently, there was no one checking passports etc on the Bridge when I crossed it in a car 3 weeks ago.

Old Sep 27th, 2021, 07:25 AM
Original Poster

As fully vaccinated travelers from USA, we had no trouble flying from Franc to Copenhagen on Sept 20 and from Copenhagen to Stockholm on Sept 24.