Looking for requirements by Portugal for recovered Covid US citizens
Old Aug 12th, 2021, 02:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
https://pt.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/
Old Aug 12th, 2021, 04:45 AM
Original Poster

Covid recovery US to Portugal

Thank you. The only reference i am see here is for return to USA. Perhaps i am missing the requirements for travel to Portugal for recovery.
The only information i have located for travel to Portugal is SNS 24 for EU citizens.
Old Aug 12th, 2021, 04:58 AM

https://www.visitportugal.com/en/con...ented-portugal
1) Arriving to Portugal by Plane

MAINLAND Portugal

ALLOWED (Essential and non-essential travel)
Countries of the European Union, Schengen Associated countries (Liechtenstein, Norway, Iceland, Switzerland), Albania, Armenia, Australia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brunei, Canada, China, South Korea, United States of America, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kosovo, Lebanon, Montenegro, New Zealand, Qatar, Republic of Moldova, Republic of Northern Macedonia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, Taiwan, Ukraine and special admnistrative regions of Hong Kong and Macao
Old Aug 12th, 2021, 05:08 AM
Original Poster

Covid Recovery US to Portugal

Thank you, Fatima.
Again the only reference i see is for Recovery Certificate which is only available through SNS 24 for EU citizens.
Not seeing anything for Covid Recovery for US citizens
Old Aug 12th, 2021, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by clsfrisco
Thank you, Fatima.
Again the only reference i see is for Recovery Certificate which is only available through SNS 24 for EU citizens.
Not seeing anything for Covid Recovery for US citizens

Covid recovery from USA, as I understand the text, is not enough, you need a test. The same if you were full faccinated: as you don't have access to the EU certificate, you need a test.

Hope this clarifies!

Helena
Old Aug 13th, 2021, 08:43 AM

Just get a test, for heaven's sake. YOu have to get one because you can't use the EU app, that seems clear. Why won't you do that? If you are in the US, they are even free as covered by the CARES act. And even otherwise, the cost is minimal in comparison to your trip cost. They cost about $125 for private pay where I live. Or if you have health insurance, they should pay for it if you say you are getting one to avoid possibly giving COVID to others.

Perhaps you don't know, but people can get COVID more than once.
Old Aug 13th, 2021, 09:30 AM
Original Poster

Dear Christina,
i have negative results for 2 tests
i am finishing my quarantine and have a letter of recovery. PCR tests typically give negative results for 3 months past.
I now know a letter of recovery is not acceptable for entrance to Portugal (but for the Azores)
At the time of my post i was given conflicting information from the travel agent.
Having already purchased my trip I wanted to know what to expect.
it has nothing to do with $125. There isa lot more going on here than to learn at the last second the CDC requirements for airlines and the Portuguese regulations are not one in the same
Old Aug 13th, 2021, 08:22 PM

cisfrisco, I am not certain what you mean by "letter of recovery" but it sounds like you believe having once had COVID you are now immune. That is not the case. You still need to be vaccinated.

You will love Portugal!
Old Aug 14th, 2021, 01:47 AM

I wouldn’t rely on immunity from previously having had Covid, even for staying at home, never mind travel. If the vaccine is available to you, it would be foolish not to take it. Even having had both shots, I will probably get a booster sometime in autumn.
Old Aug 14th, 2021, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by Seamus
cisfrisco, I am not certain what you mean by "letter of recovery" but it sounds like you believe having once had COVID you are now immune. That is not the case. You still need to be vaccinated.

You will love Portugal!

Nevertheless, if the OP was european, he would have an europeancertificate of recovery, and that would be enough, no test required. And at least here in Portugal people who had Covid should only be vaccinated 6 months after recovery: