Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Cruises
Reload this Page >

Island Princess - Panama Cruise Jan 5 - Jan 19

Old May 29th, 2021, 07:14 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife and I being retired Canadian grandparents also like to play duplicate bridge, taste wine, see in house entertainment productions, and play trivia.

We are looking forward to connecting with other cruisemates. We had to sell our snowbird AZ home and recently moved to Penticton BC,
Old May 29th, 2021, 08:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I see you've already started a Roll Call. It's probably still a little early for much participation. Especially as I see this is part of a "World Cruise" so who knows what will really happen?

I've been on the Island Princess for an LA to Vancouver repositioning cruise. It wasn't my favorite vessel, I think it was "remuddled" rather than "remodeled". As a result it used to be cheaper to book than Coral Princess. It was my friend's first cruise. She thought her husband would like the English pub.

But it was a cheap 4-day vacation. We even won the last day's "Grand Finale" trivia contest. What is the southernmost country capital in the world? Funny thing was the guys we played with on the first two days didn't have room for us so we picked up a third person. He didn't have any answers that we didn't know, but had a beverage package so contributed free glasses from the bar for our prize champagne. We let him take the rest of the bottle back to his wife.