New cruise booked for 2/2023

Old May 21st, 2021, 11:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New cruise booked for 2/2023

We are excited about this. Its on an older ship the Rhapsody of the Seas but the itinerary suits us well. its 14 days R/T Bridgetown Barbados with stops in many places we have not seen before including St. Vincent and the Grenadines, St. George, Grenada, Bonaire, Cartagena, Colon Panama, Puerto Limon, CR, Aruba, Curacao, T and T. We have been to Aruba and Curacao and had a port stop twice in Barbados but that was a very long time ago. We hope to spend a few days pre cruise in Bridgetown. This itinerary really suits us. maybe you too. it pretty cool.

Cheers, Larry ,
Old May 21st, 2021, 01:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We sailed on the Rhapsody of the Sea way back in 1998. Had a great cruise to Alaska.
Old May 21st, 2021, 01:47 PM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by schmerl
We sailed on the Rhapsody of the Sea way back in 1998. Had a great cruise to Alaska.
Thank you,, We were on the Jewel last Feb. so not the same class but similar in size. It’s the itinerary that really makes it pop for us.
Old May 21st, 2021, 04:28 PM

That sounds delightful. I think February is the perfect time for the Caribbean, and what an interesting itinerary.
A few years ago, we took a short cruise on the old Majesty of the Seas, even smaller and older, but the food was just as good, and service and entertainment was great. The staff and crew seemed to like their older ship. It was in need of freshening up, but it was more elegant in a quiet way than newer ships. We really enjoyed it.
Old May 21st, 2021, 04:51 PM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sassafrass
That sounds delightful. I think February is the perfect time for the Caribbean, and what an interesting itinerary.
A few years ago, we took a short cruise on the old Majesty of the Seas, even smaller and older, but the food was just as good, and service and entertainment was great. The staff and crew seemed to like their older ship. It was in need of freshening up, but it was more elegant in a quiet way than newer ships. We really enjoyed it.
Actually we do like the bigger ships but really like being on a ship, period. Smaller ones are fine too as long as they are well maintained. As you mentioned it’s such a cool itinerary especially as there are so many places we haven’t been too. They do an overnight in Aruba too.

Should be good!
Old May 22nd, 2021, 04:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Too funny...I turned on a travel station last night and they were featuring a cruise on Rhapsody of the Sea! It was a cruise to Australia and Bali. It said the ship had been refurbished in 2007.
Old May 22nd, 2021, 06:51 AM

Too funny...I turned on a travel station last night and they were featuring a cruise on Rhapsody of the Sea! It was a cruise to Australia and Bali. It said the ship had been refurbished in 2007.
I saw part of that show too, did not notice when it was filmed, but the ship underwent a big refurbishment in 2012, another refurbish in 2016 and was scheduled for five weeks of drydock work in 2020 or 2021. Those dates were likely changed during COVID but I do not see new ones. At any rate, it will probably be looking fine for next year or two.
Old May 22nd, 2021, 06:53 AM
Original Poster

Thank you! I found that it was refurbished in 2016. I do wonder if before we go early 2023 it may get another one. Don’t know how long ships go before face lifts but 7 years seems a bit long. We will see.

Cheers, Larry
Old May 22nd, 2021, 07:38 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mohitsingh3761
in india also there are many cruise

the price of cruise in india is very low
india is a tourist attraction.
welcome to india
My wife is from India. We were just there Feb. 2020. Its our 8th trip to India. As for cruise price its not low at least for the major cruise lines unless you get and inside cabin which we don't want and of course there is the cost of air fare too. All in all that would be expensive.
Old May 22nd, 2021, 09:07 AM
Original Poster

Sass I just saw your post. Thank you. Yep hopefully by 2/2023 she tip top.
Old May 22nd, 2021, 11:46 AM

In late 2019, Rhapsody was in dry dock in Cadiz, Spain for maintenance, upgraded technology and cosmetic improvements.
Old May 22nd, 2021, 01:41 PM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sassafrass
In late 2019, Rhapsody was in dry dock in Cadiz, Spain for maintenance, upgraded technology and cosmetic improvements.
OK. Thank you.