Puerto Rico Itinerary Questions

Old May 19th, 2021, 10:48 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Puerto Rico Itinerary Questions

A few questions about my itinerary. This trip is for a family with two kids aged 8, and 11. The trip will be in August.

San Juan - 3 nights at Caribe Hilton or La Concha Renaissance. We are leaning toward the Caribe, because it is slightly closer to old San Juan, and supposedly the beach is calmer and nicer than at the La Concha. Is the rip tide that bad at Condado - safer water is nice, but it's also a drag if there are no waves at all? I have also read that the Caribe is pretty isolated compared to all the restaurants in Condado. We are also debating on 2 nights or 3 nights in San Juan, do we need 2 full days. Or is one full day and two half days enough to see the forts, town, ect. Any rec on one hotel over the other? Also, does anyone have any building recommendations for either hotel, I can't find a map of either and it's tough to know what buildings are near the pool/beach.

El Yunque - 4 nights at El Conquistador or Wyndham Grand Rio Mar. We want to do the bio bay in Fajardo, hike in El Yunque, take a zip line tour, food kiosks at Luquillo, and enjoy the resort, beach, pool, ect. We are debating between El Conquistador or the Wyndham - pending whether the Palominos Island is open at the El Conquistador. Having a bit of a water park would be a big draw for the kids, but not at the expense of beach. Any rec on either of these resorts? Or any building recommendation at either of these?

Culebra - 3-4 nights at Club Seabourne. Here we'll rent a jeep and enjoy the island and beaches, do some snorkling, and try a resort course scuba class. Maybe boat trip to Culebrita. What am I missing that is a must do in Culebra?

Any thoughts on the itinerary - is there anything we should change? If we have the time (3 nights in SJ), would Camuy Caves be worth the drive, even if in the opposite direction of the rest of the trip. We'd be renting a car in San Juan and drop off in Cieba. Then rent a jeep in Culebra. And fly to Culebra from Cieba and then back to San Juan at the end of the trip.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.