Travel to Australia

Old Mar 8th, 2021, 05:34 PM
ET
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Travel to Australia

Last December we had a trip planned for Australia for a month. Because of Covid we canceled that trip and rescheduled for the end of 2021. Does anyone think that Australia will be open to international travelers by December?
Old Mar 9th, 2021, 12:38 AM

Travel to Australia

Travel to Australia could start from 1st October 2021, you can now book a Qantas flight to Australia from more than 20 destinations. If you are hoping to travel to Australia will need a ‘special exemption’ visa. If you do manage to secure an exemption visa, you will still need to undertake a mandatory 14-day quarantine at a designated facility.
Old Mar 10th, 2021, 05:27 PM

there is no officail information about when Australia will open to international visitors except New Zealanders or indeed whn we are allowed to travel out of the country.
I am guessing but I imagine UK and USA will be the last allowed in or us to go there.
There has been talk of a travel bubble with some Asian countries eg Singapore but no one knows.

Old Mar 12th, 2021, 01:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nobody really knows. My guess is it's possible but unlikely. COVID vaccinations have only just started here and if the majority of Australians are vaccinated by then (the government said by October but are already behind schedule) that will make a difference. But really, I don't think anyone will know until much later in the year.
Old Apr 10th, 2021, 07:34 PM

Vaccination in Australia has not been going smoothly and has just had a setback with the government recommending that all people under 50 have a vaccine other than the Astra Zeneca one. As the government has advised that we won't get a different vaccine in significant numbers until the last quarter of 2021, I can't see that international borders will be open this year (and probably significantly into next year if we wait for the second doses to be administered). But I have no special knowledge that isn't available via the standard news channels so can't speak with certainty. I don't think anyone really knows at all as the situation is fluid.