Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Aruba, Puerto Rico, Turks and Caicos, Costa Rica, or Belize?

Old Feb 11th, 2021, 12:26 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, so I am trying to plan a graduation/thank you trip for myself and my parents once I graduate college. I am thinking we will be going around October 2022(yes I know I'm an early planner lol). It will be myself, my mom and dad, my brother and my, by that time, 9-year old son. I have never been out of the country besides Canada so I'd love some feed back on which is most recommended. We are looking for somewhere kid friendly with a lot of things to do, possibly snorkeling/diving maybe one day, shopping, possibly fishing, and beaches. We also want to take into account when we are going, October, because we don't want to end up being stuck inside the whole trip due to bad weather or anything. We will probably stay at a resort as well no matter where we decide to go. Also, if you have a suggestion to somewhere outside of the aforementioned places I'm all ears. Thanks in advance for the feedback!
Old Feb 13th, 2021, 12:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just about every Caribbean island has snorkeling/diving, fishing, shopping, and beaches. Because you have plenty of time, it might be a good idea to read up on the various destinations. How did you come up with the short list you have? Other entry level islands include: St Maarten/Martin and the US Virgin Islands.
Old Feb 14th, 2021, 05:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Since October is hurricane season you might want to go to an island that is considered to be outside the hurricane belt. Aruba would be one of them.