Last Summer Switzerland Trip

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3rd, 2021, 12:54 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last summer (really all through France, into Switzerland and Germany and a little UK) we were looking forward to going to Murren, Switzerland. What Europe destinations did others have planned that were postponed due to Covid?
Old Feb 3rd, 2021, 02:33 PM

Received 83 Likes on 5 Posts
I was in Barcelona when the COVID hit the fan and I had to leave the country post haste. So, never made it to Madrid other than to get to the airport.

Then our three week trip to Portugal had to be cancelled.

And an autumn trip to Italy, which fortunately was in the early stages of planning and not yet booked.

We're hoping for a month long trip to Switzerland in October and a month long trip to Italy and Austria over Christmas, but we shall see.

Murren is a beautiful place, I hope you're able to get there soon.
Old Feb 3rd, 2021, 02:42 PM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Melnq8
I was in Barcelona when the COVID hit the fan and I had to leave the country post haste. So, never made it to Madrid other than to get to the airport.

Then our three week trip to Portugal had to be cancelled.

And an autumn trip to Italy, which fortunately was in the early stages of planning and not yet booked.

We're hoping for a month long trip to Switzerland in October and a month long trip to Italy and Austria over Christmas, but we shall see.

Murren is a beautiful place, I hope you're able to get there soon.
Hopefully summer 2022, I have a sinking feeling the variants are going to make 2021 out of the question.
Old Feb 3rd, 2021, 11:08 PM

My siblings and I were in Andalucia the first half of March last year, not many Covid cases there and we had a lovely vacation. But by the time we got to Sevilla the lockdown was imminent and our last two days there it was like a ghost town. Luckily we made our flights back, just before Spain shut its borders.

Subsequent trips planned for later in 2020, including London and Lisbon in May, were of course cancelled. I was to go to Lisbon for work this April, which almost certainly won’t happen, am hoping I’ll get to go later this year...
Old Feb 4th, 2021, 08:56 AM

Not planning anything this summer, but thinking about roadtrips that we can do from home; maybe Etretat and following the coast south from there, taking in parts of Normandy, Bretagne. We've also postponed a trip to Reims, for a long weekend. It's only a 3,5 hour drive, so we will try to do that. Or maybe Ticino/North Italian lakes. Not planning on booking any flights.

In the meantime, we will explore a bit more of Belgium, once restaurants open again.