Kudos to some airlines

Search

Kudos to some airlines

Search this Thread

Old May 26th, 2020, 12:25 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kudos to some airlines

I just want to report on positive and pleasant experiences we have had in the past week with both Hawaiian and American Airlines. While sad, of course, that both our June and September trips will not happen, once the flights were officially cancelled, we had no issues with asking for refunds. No pressures to reschedule or accept vouchers. And I am most grateful since we had splurged on Biz class tickets for each trip. Someday.
Old May 26th, 2020, 02:48 PM

I am still holding out on cancelling a Southwest flight from El Paso to Sacramento from June 23-30. I would be spending the whole time at my best friend's home in Placerville. She wants me to wait until a couple of days before in case things are better by then. I also cancelled flights to go to the Midwest to visit family in March and just a few days ago. Things are definitely week by week planning for now but since all my future flights are SWA, that helps.
Old May 27th, 2020, 10:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by socaltraveler
I just want to report on positive and pleasant experiences we have had in the past week with both Hawaiian and American Airlines. While sad, of course, that both our June and September trips will not happen, once the flights were officially cancelled, we had no issues with asking for refunds. No pressures to reschedule or accept vouchers. And I am most grateful since we had splurged on Biz class tickets for each trip. Someday.
You were already notified that a September flight was cancelled? Lucky you. We are scheduled to fly July 4 with SAS and they are only posting cancellations seven days in advance. We also booked first class and stand to loose quite a bit of $$$.
Old May 28th, 2020, 12:34 PM
Original Poster

We were not notified by AA but since I had read that their route to Rome from DFW had been cancelled, I went to check our locator, and it said ‘cancelled’. I am not sure when they would have told us.
Old May 28th, 2020, 01:27 PM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
We are still waiting on refunds from two airlines but have booked an August flight with Jet Blue. They seem the most proactive in keeping us safe.
Old May 28th, 2020, 08:27 PM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
We waited until Iceland Air canceled our flights. Then we applied for refunds and have case numbers. Fingers crossed!
Old May 29th, 2020, 05:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by socaltraveler
We were not notified by AA but since I had read that their route to Rome from DFW had been cancelled, I went to check our locator, and it said ‘cancelled’. I am not sure when they would have told us.
Thanks. I have checked our locator and it is still showing our flight.
Old May 30th, 2020, 09:19 AM

Flights have been operating between DFW and Rome via LHR on AA with a change to Alitalia at LHR. My friends flew that on AA approx May 19, after multiple cancellations (although they left from LAS, so not sure if just one of the legs was cancelled).

Old May 31st, 2020, 03:02 PM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mlgb
Flights have been operating between DFW and Rome via LHR on AA with a change to Alitalia at LHR. My friends flew that on AA approx May 19, after multiple cancellations (although they left from LAS, so not sure if just one of the legs was cancelled).
Yes, I saw that when checking options. Before we got further into the virus lockdown, when I realized we were not going to travel to Europe this fall. Coming from the west coast, we were, in the original plan, happy to just have the one stop in Dallas. We were not interested in adding another flight,we do that a lot, and anyway, it’s a moot point now.
Old Jun 7th, 2020, 09:24 PM

Delta canceled my reservations on May 14 (I was supposed to leave tomorrow) and I have yet to see any kind of refund or credit. The person I was going to travel with was flying on American (we live near different hubs so we were just going to meet in London) and she got a refund pretty painlessly.
Old Jun 8th, 2020, 07:59 AM
Original Poster

According to DH, it took American around two weeks to refund our credit card. Similar with Hawaiian Airlines. We will be using that card to buy groceries for the rest of this year.
Old Jun 8th, 2020, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Barbara_in_FL
Delta canceled my reservations on May 14 (I was supposed to leave tomorrow) and I have yet to see any kind of refund or credit. The person I was going to travel with was flying on American (we live near different hubs so we were just going to meet in London) and she got a refund pretty painlessly.
I had a baggage fee refund due from Delta, which was approved verbally at the beginning of February. It didn't post until April 1. And this was before the crush of cancellations, etc. I think all of the back offices are affected by COVID, depending on where they are located. I know Chase in New York has been pretty much incommunicado.
Old Jun 9th, 2020, 05:00 AM

Flight cancellations

I decided to cancel my flight to Sacramento to visit a friend on June 24-30. I would have also been changing planes on each way and my friend is going through radiation therapy starting next week so there were multiple reasons this is not a good time. My husband and I also decided to drive to the Midwest from New Mexico where we live to visit our adult children and a couple of friends in July. We had booked flights on SWA to fly into STL a few weeks ago because the whole driving trip will be a total of 50 hours and we are in our late 60's. But we are in good shape and it would be so much safer for everyone since we can take whatever we want in the car, food, our own pillows, etc. and we will only be exposed when stopping for gas, bathroom breaks and one night in a hotel. We also cancelled plans to go to Indianapolis and Detroit in August for two weddings that are a week apart. That was going to involve 5 flights total with some layovers on some as well as several hotel stays. We still have flights booked for another wedding in Indianapolis in September. Maybe we will feel more confident about flying then. I have talked to a friend who has flown Allegiant from Mesa, AZ to Grand Rapids, MI in the past couple of weeks. She said about 2/3 of the people wore masks and they only gave you the travel packets with sanitizing wipes, etc. if you asked for it; contrary to the email that was received. She said that the flights were pretty full although they had a row to themselves. But she plans to keep flying as needed.
Old Jun 9th, 2020, 06:56 AM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
I have not seen a refund form Virgin or AF. I wanted to say that Jet Blue ran a Facebook post two months ago to nominate a health care worker. I nominated a NYC paramedic and my nephew in aw who takes care of a big region in the Adirondacks plus volunteers for NYC Medics. They picked one of my guys and they got two 500 rt tickets to fly anywhere. I was thrilled for them. Yay Jet Blue, my fav airline. I can't wait till they fly to London.
Old Jun 11th, 2020, 04:51 PM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
I had three trips in May, June and July booked on JetBlue with Even More Space seats and one leg booked with miles. I waited it out on each trip rather than cancel and jump for the voucher. I ended up getting all fares and miles refunded as well as the EMS seat costs. In two cases, the flights were changed to completely different days and in one case it was a schedule change later than 2 hours, all of which entitled me to a refund. A very quick call (only on hold 15 minutes) and I had the credit on my card within 10 days. I’m relieved but obviously bummed not to be taking the trips. I too am a huge JetBlue fan, this only reinforced it.