Panama

Search this Thread

Old May 9th, 2020, 07:33 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Panama

I will be in Panama next spring and staying at the The Westin Playa Bonita. Has anyone stayed here? Are there restaurants close to the hotel? Is this a nice area? Is English one of the primary languages in Panama?
Old May 9th, 2020, 08:43 AM
Forum Moderator

moved to Mexico & Centra America forum and tagged for Panama
Old May 9th, 2020, 05:39 PM

As I remember, the hotel is pretty self-contained. It has six restaurants of its own. Most of that area is like that. You'd need to take a taxi to reach any free-standing restaurants. Nothing would be walkable from the hotel. Panama City is about 30 minutes away by car, and you'd have a ton of dining choices there. Again, you'd have to take a taxi to get to the city.

People connected with the tourism industry speak English. The average resident, probably not.
Old Jun 22nd, 2020, 05:02 AM

I love Panama and I have been to many other Latin American Countries. I would put Panama at the top of the list.Getting around is the only con. Getting to Bocas requires an expensive flight or a long bus ride. Or maybe that 1 week is not near enough to do the country justice.

After that it is paradise. We were there in August with young teens. Click my name and it should take you to my reviews which will give you an idea of what my kids enjoyed.