Beach Bars

Old Dec 6th, 2019, 12:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beach Bars

Which Caribbean island has the most beach bars?
Old Dec 6th, 2019, 12:54 PM

Obviously the bigger island like Jamaica, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico as well as large non-island Caribbean locales such as Cancun, and Belize will have more beach bars than medium and smaller islands. Of course the beach bars in those large places will be spread out over hundreds of beaches around those islands/destinations and thus the statistic is meaningless unless you are planning to stay for months or perhaps a year if you wanted to visit all of them. So, I doubt anyone cal tell you which islands has the most beach bars.

For what it is worth, most islands will have enough beach bars in a given area so a visitor can visit a different one every night for a normal 1 to 2 week vacation.

You are better off picking your destination based on criteria other than the number of beach bars.
Old Dec 14th, 2019, 05:06 AM

I am not sure about the most, but I know about the best. The Boatyard in Barbados! That place is amazing!
Old Dec 14th, 2019, 06:51 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Where I have been the most beach bars in concentration is Mexico.
Old Dec 24th, 2019, 03:06 AM

Unfortunately, no one will be visiting any of the Abacos' beach bars for a while, since Hurricane Dorian laid waste to them. Normally, I would agree that the Abacos are great for beach bars; I'd also say the same of the BVI -- which are further along in their recovery from Hurricane's Irma and Maria.

I love a good beach bar myself, but my personal philosophy is that you only really need one, and just keep going back! For example, while Nevis is not what I would consider a beach bar mecca, I love Sunshine's and make multiple visits there during a week-long trip.

So, I would do as RoamsAround suggested. Pick your island (or, if you must, pick your beach bar), and go from there.
Old Dec 28th, 2019, 03:37 AM

Anguilla has tons of beach shakes, on beautiful stretches of beach

shoal Bay is lined with beach shacks, I’ve never even counted them (Gwen’s and Eloise’s are 2 standouts)

rendevous bay has the famous sunshine shack

meads bay has my favorite: Blanchard’s beach shack