K.I., Tasmania, Brisbane or Daintree in July???

Old Feb 8th, 2019, 11:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
K.I., Tasmania, Brisbane or Daintree in July???

Hello all
We are planning a family trip w/kids to Australia in July. I have most of our itinerary set up between Melbourne, Sydney and GBR (Whitsundays)....about 4 days each place. I have 3-4 more days available that i can plan and would like to pick 1 more destination. I originally wanted to go to Tasmania since its a short flight from MEL and stay near Hobart, but i keep hearing mixed opinions about visiting in July. Other recommendations have been Cairns to see the rainforests (though we plan to access the GBR from the south rather than from Cairns), Brisbane area, or extra days around Sydney in the Blue Mountains. Also was told to consider Kangaroo Island....I assume that means flying to Adelaide?? Uluru......again i've gotten mixed reviews for making the trip out there with limited time. We love to see and do almost everything, but especially being outdoors and unique experiences.

soooo.....
Tasmania (Hobart?)
Daintree
Brisbane
Kangaroo Island
Uluru or any other recommendations not listed...

Thoughts and opinions would be greatly appreciated!
Old Feb 8th, 2019, 12:49 PM

Well, if it was me travelling with children in Australia in July, I'd opt for somewhere in the sunshine. Think seriously about having your spare time in Brisbane. We visit family there every year and find it a very enjoyable city to spend time in. The ferry system along the river is excellent and there will be plenty to keep your family entertained during your stay.

Uluru is fantastic and well worth visiting. Pick up a hire car at the airport to give you freedom to explore the area at your own pace.

Kangaroo Island will be cold and probably very windy, Tasmania will be cold and probably wet.
Old Feb 12th, 2019, 09:42 PM

I'd go to Uluru - great time of year - fly there from most cities , mostly direct . You can see a lot in 2 -3 days - so different
Old Feb 12th, 2019, 11:08 PM

I’d go for Uluru. There’s nothing like the landscape there. Fly into Ayers Rock airport, see sunset over the rock from the back of a camel. Kings Canyon is a (longish) day trip, plus there’s several First Nation people/cultural experiences around Uluru.