Flying into Mexico City

Old Dec 26th, 2017, 05:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flying into Mexico City

Hey!

21M and flying into MEX over Winter Break and staying for 10 days. As a solo traveler who doesn't speak Spanish, I was hoping to hear how you spent your time in Mexico and am looking for ideas to explore the central Mexico region as I don't want to spend my entire time in one city.
Old Dec 27th, 2017, 07:21 AM

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
An itinerary that includes CDMX and other cities in 10 days as a non-Spanish speaker probably only affords you 3 realistic options, all of them good. In order of English spoken: CDMX plus either 1) San Miguel De Allende & Guanajuato, 2) Puebla & Oaxaca, or 3) Morelia, Patzcuaro, and surrounds.
Your first decision would be where to stay in CDMX; the Centro historico and Roma Norte are both popular with tourists. The former is more interesting for history and architecture, while the latter has a better cafe/restaurant scene. Personally, I prefer to stay in Roma and visit Centro. YMMV. Non-budget hotels are more likely to have a English speaker on staff that can arrange a guide or driver as needed. The Stanza hotel in Roma got us an English-speaking driver for an early trip to the airport. But you don't necessarily need to speak Spanish for sights such as Chapultepec, Teotihuacan, or just to wander around in Centro, though it helps.
Old Dec 27th, 2017, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you don’t want to spend your time in one city... you chose the wrong one as Mexico DF has something to see and do every day of the year without repeating yourself... maybe you should head over to Cancún or PV.