French Polynesia Anniversary Trio

Old Oct 28th, 2017, 08:04 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
French Polynesia Anniversary Trio

We are planning our 50th anniversary trip to FP islands July 2018. 2 weeks plus. We usually get bored after 3 days, 4 nights, so we would be looking for 3 destination. Snorkeling, hiking, touring, and sightseeing are important activities.
At least one stop should be an over water bungalow. A private secluded stop would be nice. And maybe an island cottage with a beach and view, as a jump off for exploring the island. Any suggestions for our itinerary would be appreciated.
Old Oct 29th, 2017, 02:26 PM

For great snorkeling and hiking definitely visit Bora Bora and Morera - they are outstanding destinations. For your third island choose either Huahine, Maupiti or Raiatea. You’ll find scores of resorts on all those islands that have overwater bungalows. Many will have the privacy you are seeking.
Old May 27th, 2018, 07:06 PM

I'd suggest looking into the Paul Gaughin cruises which also offer extra night's on land. Our experience in the Relais and Chateaux resort Le Ta'aha Island Resort and Spa was the best hotel experience ever with an OTW bungalow. We signed up for the cruise but had to cancel for health reasons, made a trip of our own somewhat later --two nights in Tahiti, four in Bora Bora, four in La Tahar'a when we stayed at the Relais and Chateaux resort.
Old May 28th, 2018, 06:24 AM

Guide Book

Hi, I used Lonely Planet Tahiti & French Polynesia (Travel Guide) and it is pretty complete. You can get a lot of ideas from there
I hope it helps!