celebrating husband's 50th birthday AI suggestions needed

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1st, 2017, 07:15 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had thought we'd do a long cruise but hubby decided he wanted to try an AI instead. So now we are trying to find a place in September. He likes the idea of St Martin (I think because I can be topless on beaches). St Lucia's Jade Mountain would be amazing but it is out of our price range (love the idea of our own private pool). We live in Savannah but can drive to other airports if needed for a flight out. We are looking for an adult only (we like children, raised 3, and enjoy hanging out with our friends who have kids BUT for this trip we'd prefer adult only places). We are wanting pretty beach with beautiful clear water, water activities such as snorkeling and scuba for beginners, food/drinks included, and if we could have a private pool that would be awesome. I'd prefer a budget of $5000-$6000 for 5-7 days. My husband is not a fan of Jamaica or DR so those 2 are out. I noticed good flight prices to Aruba but not many adult only AI there. Thanks in advance for all of your advice and suggestions
Old Jul 3rd, 2017, 04:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Friends of mine just returned from the RIU Palace in Aruba. There are two RIU resorts there. They were are the adults only one and loved it.
http://www.riu.com/en/hotel/aruba/pa...lace-antillas/
Old Aug 4th, 2017, 12:00 PM

Try Curacao, you will love it
Old Aug 4th, 2017, 12:31 PM

I doubt you'll find adult only AI's on St. Martin - there are very few AI's on that island mainly because there are so many great restaurants that most people don't want to take all their meals at just one resort.

Just so you know by crossing out the Dominican Republic and Jamaica you've effectively eliminated about half of all the AI's in the Caribbean.

You might want to look in Cancun, Playa del Carmen and Cozumel- next to the DR and Jamaica they have the most adult only AI's. Many will be in your price range.
Old Aug 4th, 2017, 02:31 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I'd do this in reverse. Instead of deciding on your island then trying to find an appropriate resort, I would instead look at where there are Adult Only All Inclusive resorts and work from there. Because they aren't all that common and as already mentioned you've eliminated the two islands that feature the most options.
Old Aug 4th, 2017, 05:16 PM

We were thrown out if the hotel I had booked at playa del carmen because it was an adult only hotel albeit I had specified coming with children.
After checking we found nearly all boutique hotels there were adults only and most hotels had an adult only section.
I do agree you'll have difficulties on st martin and certainly not in the French side that I find better than the Dutch one.
Old Aug 5th, 2017, 05:55 PM

Curious why he has ruled out DR and Jamaica, cause these are the two places I refuse to go
Old Aug 5th, 2017, 08:49 PM

There are many AIs on other Caribbean islands, DR/Jamaica/Mexico might have the largest choice being the biggest islands/country but that doesn't mean there aren't choices on other islands.
Check out Barbados, Antigua, St Lucia (other choices apart from Jade Mountain). Some hotels offer AI packages e.g. Anse Chastenet. AI is not needed in Aruba, Curaçao or St Martin/St Maarten.