VRBO problems?

Old Mar 17th, 2017, 02:50 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VRBO problems?

As I continue to struggle to upgrade my browser with Sierra Apple I'm wondering if any others are having issues with vrbo.com I ignored their flag for about a month and now I can only open pages that for lack of a better description have been decoded.

I'm sure once I get thru this process with phone support from apple my system will run much smoother.

But has anyone had new experiences with the site?
Old Mar 17th, 2017, 02:57 PM
Original Poster

For instance this is a property I've stayed at and this is a copy/ paste of the first quarter page. You can't access the calendar, you can't scroll thru pictures although they are there in small format. You can't interact.

atchpad
Hello there!
Login
Traveler login
Owner login
Traveler login
Owner login
Help
Back
Visit Help Center
Security Center
How to book
Community
Owner toolkit
Manage 5+ properties?
List Your Property
List Your Property

Let's Stay
Together
VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.

Learn More

I don't have dates yet Search
Browse properties
Home
Discovery Bay, Providenciales, Turks and Caicos Islands
VRBO Listing #649802
Previous ListingNext Listing
Facebook
Pinterest
Twitter
Google plus
Email to a friend
Old Mar 18th, 2017, 10:50 AM

I was just on VRBO yesterday trying to look up something for another poster. Not sure when this happened but the site now takes you to Homeaway, apparently the parent company. I cannot stand the new design and format, it does not let you use nearly as many filters as the old VRBO did. For example I was looking for a one bedroom condo and the site kept also listing studios as well.
Sorry but I do not use Apple, have a PC with Windows 10 and Firefox. Hope you get your problems fixed.
Old Mar 18th, 2017, 05:19 PM
Original Poster

thanks for your thoughts jamie. It's a dilemma. I think my system upgraded but see nothing better. I spent an hour with apple, and a half hour with vrbo. Vrbo guy was no help, although he meant well, and in the end told me the problem is on my end. I'm not buying it, nor am I dismissing it.

I was simply trying to search for something in the area for a couple of nights on short notice.

I'll be checking back with
Apple on monday - great service - unconfirmed results.
Old Mar 19th, 2017, 02:45 AM

Maybe it is your problem, I would presume it is.

I have no trouble seeing VRBO on my ANdroid device, including that property you cited in the OP, I can see photos, calendar, the works. The site www.vrbo.com does NOT send me to Homeaway, don't understand that issue.

I also have a PC with Windows, and use Chrome, and have no problem whatsoever viewing it on that device, either. And no, it does not send me to Homeaway. That property is booked up until June 23rd FYI, from the calendar.