Israel in Late October or November?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7th, 2017, 05:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are seriously thinking of going to Israel sometime in late October or November. I'm someone who hates really hot weather. And when I'm a tourist, doing the usual running around tourist stuff, I would be miserable if it were hot.

That being said, I know that Israel is a generally hot country! I also know that there are different areas with different temperatures. Thus I thought about late October or November.

We would be there for 2 weeks.

Has anyone been to Israel during those months? If so, what has been your experience?
Old Feb 7th, 2017, 07:57 AM

In 2015, we spent a month in Israel from Oct 6-Nov 7.
You are right that temperatures vary significantly.
In mid-October, it got to almost 100 degrees in Eilat, but we bundled up a LOT to go stargazing in Mitzpe Ramon.
Old Feb 7th, 2017, 08:36 AM
Original Poster

abram - We'd love to go snorkeling but I fear the area that that would be in would be 100 degrees!!
Old Feb 7th, 2017, 09:38 AM

It was hot when we hiked near Eilat, but the snorkeling was lots of fun and we loved our private tour of the Bird Observatory.
Old Feb 8th, 2017, 05:01 AM

Received 79 Likes on 8 Posts
With just two weeks, if you excluded Eilat and the Negev, it's very unlikely you'd have hot weather. Jerusalem is at a high enough altitude that it can be quite chilly by then, and the rest of the country is (usually) gorgeous.
Old Feb 8th, 2017, 05:37 AM
Original Poster

We were thinking either Mid-late October or third week in November (beginning before Thanksgiving and extending after).

I guess the snorkeling intrigued me and that would bring us to the South. But I also know that you can't do everything in 2 weeks, even though it's a tiny country.
Old Feb 9th, 2017, 07:55 PM

The weather will be very good. There is only a small chance of rain and the summer heat will be long gone. Eilat will most likely be in the 80-90 range although there is always the chance of above average temperatures. It will be chilly in the evenings in Jerusalem and other high areas - the Galilee and Mitzpe Ramon - so bring a warm jacket.
Old Feb 10th, 2017, 06:52 AM
Original Poster

mbgg - Thanks.
Old Jul 24th, 2018, 08:26 AM

It's a crazy time of the year for weather. You can have heat waves with temperatures in the mmid 30's (C), and you can have heavy rainstorms. It also depends where you want to go. Tel Aviv at night is nice, Jerusalem at night is cold.
Old Jul 26th, 2018, 06:22 PM
Original Poster

This is an old thread come to life again. We've since gone to Israel and come home (last Oct - Nov) . The weather was great. In the 70s F. I loved wearing a sweater or light jacket at night when we needed to. Tel Aviv was hot. Went up to the Galilee and Golan. Stayed in Rosh Pina. That are is north but can get hot too.

We are going again this year. This time Sept 29-Oct 10. It will be hotter, I know and we're heading down through the Negev to Eilat. We also will be in Jerusalem again as it has so much to see that even though our last trip included 6 days there, it just scratched the surface.

Can't wait to back.
Old Jul 30th, 2018, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Dianedancer
We are going again this year. This time Sept 29-Oct 10. It will be hotter, I know and we're heading down through the Negev to Eilat. We also will be in Jerusalem again as it has so much to see that even though our last trip included 6 days there, it just scratched the surface.
Just be aware that this year October 1 is a holiday -- check to make sure that your planned activities will be open as many things will be closed (like on Sabbath); public transit won't be in operation until the evening...
Old Aug 5th, 2018, 09:02 PM

I live in Israel. Note that apart from the temperature, you should also be interested in humidity. During the summer months, for example, Eilat is hotter than Tel Aviv, but Tel Aviv is much more humid - which makes Eilat sometimes more tolerable. Jeruslaem - being higher and further away from the sea - is also generally less humid. Keep also in mind that Tel Aviv is the "cultural" center of everything
Old Aug 6th, 2018, 05:06 AM
Original Poster

Yes, we're aware of the holiday - Simchat Torah. We are making some plans right now for that day. I believe the Tower of David is open that day. I have a friend from college who lives in Jerusalem, where we'll be for the first 4 days, and I haven't seen her since college, a long time ago. So perhaps we'll meet with her on that day.

I'm in NYC and the weather is horrible. 95 F today with high humidity. Poor air quality because of the heat and humidity. So I'm hoping that when we're in Israel nothing will be anywhere near that bad. The high temps are easier to take with low humidity. NYC in the summer - all I'm doing is waiting for Fall.
Old Dec 9th, 2018, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Dianedancer
We are seriously thinking of going to Israel sometime in late October or November. I'm someone who hates really hot weather. And when I'm a tourist, doing the usual running around tourist stuff, I would be miserable if it were hot.

That being said, I know that Israel is a generally hot country! I also know that there are different areas with different temperatures. Thus I thought about late October or November.

We would be there for 2 weeks.

Has anyone been to Israel during those months? If so, what has been your experience?
I live here for a two years. Just check that there will no rain and weather will be great. Usual we invite our friends from foreign countries to visit us from October till May - best time to visit not only Tel Aviv and Jerusalem, either make a trip to South or North of Israel. Our friends and relatives from time to time prefer to stay in some Tel Aviv hotels or in our flat (we rent +1 room for this purpose especially) . Any case I can give you many places to visit in Israel. I love this country very much. For me it's like endless trip))
Old Dec 11th, 2018, 03:48 AM
Original Poster

jugo - We have come and gone twice since I first wrote this. Oct-Nov 2017 and Sept-Oct of this year. Had a fabulous time in Israel and am ready to go back!
Old Dec 14th, 2018, 03:32 AM

Tel Aviv

My first trip to Israel and my husband’s second (there as a very young boy) will be the end of April and beginning of May which I believe will be good weather, in general. Jugo and Dianedancer, you both mention the need to spend so much time seeing everything there. We will be part of a tour around the country but are completely on our own in Tel Aviv, where we’ve planned 5 extra days. We are familiar with the Tel Aviv must-sees. I’ve hired a guide for our first two days because it will be the last day of Passover followed by the sabbath during which we’ll visit the Palmach Museum and Ayalon Institute. Can either of you suggest some of the lesser known places to see when we are on our own the other three days?
Old Dec 15th, 2018, 03:39 AM
Original Poster

I don't know what, besides the Palmach and Ayalon that your guide will be showing you as that's not quite enough to take up two days. I haven't gone on this but heard it's fun and would like to the nrxt time I go, and that is a graffitti tour. Lasts about two hours. Also, if you're interested in Bauhaus architecture, Tel Aviv is the city for it! You can go to the Bauhaus Center and get information on a self guided tour with headphones and watch a movie describing its history.
The Sarona market was fun. Lots of food shops and places outside as well, in which to eat and hang out.
Are you going up north during your group tour? What is your itinerary?
Old Dec 15th, 2018, 07:51 AM

The weather in April/May should be fabulous, and if you're in Tel Aviv, you'll see tons of people taking advantage of the beaches!

Definitely let your guide know what sort of things you're interested in, so that they can customize the itinerary to suit your needs
Note that the Ayalon Institute is usually done by a local guide, so you may want to move that to one of your free days, so as to take full advantage of what a personal guide can bring!

I'm a guide myself, and some other great Tel Aviv spots are:
- Sarona Market (Once a Templer neighborhood, now a very trendy spot to hang out with lots of little shops and food)
- Rothschild Blvd. (Stroll up and down and admire the Bauhaus architecture)
- Beit HaTfutzot (The Diaspora Museum)
- Neve Tzedek (The first Jewish neighborhood to be built outside of Jaffa)
-Independance Hall (Where the State of Israel was declared)
- Park HaYarkon (a wide green expanse in the city; rent a bike and explore!)
- Namal Tel Aviv (the restored Tel Aviv Port, today a cultural and food hub)
- Shuk HaCarmel (the market)
- Rabin Square (a large plaza frequently used for demonstrations and gatherings, where Yitzchak Rabin was assinated)

But don't limit yourself to Tel Aviv on your extra days! Where does your tour take you? Will you be exploring Jaffa, Caesarea, Ramle/Lod?
You have five extra days, and Israel is so small that you can see anything
Old Dec 22nd, 2018, 11:24 PM

Israel still remains my best place, went there twice and now I'm thinking of going next year, such a wonderful place.
Old Dec 24th, 2018, 04:04 AM
Original Poster

mawex - Israel calls to me again too.