Logistics to reach Angel Falls in Venezuela

Old May 24th, 2016, 01:52 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Logistics to reach Angel Falls in Venezuela

Hi, will be visiting Colombia in second-half of November, and thinking about making a side trip to Venezuela to see Angel Falls

1) Generally-speaking, is November a good time to see Angel Falls? I believe that is still considered rainy season so enough water?

2) Which city in Colombia (Bogota, Medellin or Cartagena) have the best or most connections to Venezuela? The ideas i have now:
Option 1: Colombia -> Caracas -> Puerto Ordaz by plane, then 1 hour shuttle to Ciudad Bolivar
Option 2: Colombia -> Caracas -> Ciudad Bolivar by plane

Obviously, I prefer Option 2, but i read that no commercial airline fly the Caracas -> Ciudad Bolivar segment, which means it can only be a chartered flight - is this true? Any advice for the most time- and cost-effective routing will be appreciated

3) Is there any starting point to begin the Angel Falls trip, besides Ciudad Bolivar? Is it cheaper to buy tour from Ciudad Bolivar or Puerto Ordaz?

4) What is the difference between these 2 tours (see links below)?
(a) 3 days: http://www.hike-venezuela.com/en/tou...lfalls-3d.html
(b) 4 days: http://www.hike-venezuela.com/en/tou...anaima-4d.html

Why does (b) cost about 2x the price of (a), besides the fact that it is a 4 days tour? I think the special flyover flight you take over Angel Falls only cost $50 extra? So this means there is something else in itinerary (b) that cause it to be more expensive....

From what I understand, usually people only take the 3 days tour?

Thank you in advance.
Old Jun 7th, 2016, 01:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello!!!

Sorry for being late. I just regitered today to the forum. Here are my answers:

1) It will be raining until September, so September, October and November are good Months to visit Angel Falls. There is enough water and it is not raining. In other words, perfect!

2) Bogotá has more connections to Caracas

3) You can begin your trip to Angel Falls from Caracas, Ciudad Bolívar and Puerto Ordaz. I recommend to begin in Puerto Ordaz. It's more confortable.

4) The first is for those who want to live an adventure and enjoy the beautiful Kavac (an untouched place). The second is more quite and confortable. This is the most common, but it is amazing too. I recommend the second if it is your first time in Venezuela.

I hope I could help